MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ipod touch vs. ipod video **jewel 03** Computers & Tech 11 06-08-2010 06:20 PM
iPod Advice manu Music 19 05-02-2010 11:13 AM
Lost iPod :( hsn_ Volunteering Opportunities 15 04-21-2010 07:30 PM
what's on your wallet... i mean IPOD. smashpro1123 General Discussion 39 07-09-2009 08:17 AM
Ipod Touch myster General Discussion 3 06-22-2008 08:49 PM

Ipod Question

Old 11-18-2009 at 07:16 AM   #1
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Ipod Question
So, I have an older ipod nano (looks like http://www.slipperybrick.com /wp-co...o-launches.jpg).

I have it synced with my desktop computer at home, but was wodering if I could charge it on my laptop without deleting all the songs.

Basically, I'm wondering if there's a way to get around the "sync with only one itunes" issue, since that seems to be the main problem.
Old 11-18-2009 at 08:08 AM   #2
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

I don't think you can sync it without losing your songs, but it will probably ask you if you want to sync with your laptop, and you should just say no.
Old 11-18-2009 at 10:24 AM   #3
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaront View Post
I don't think you can sync it without losing your songs, but it will probably ask you if you want to sync with your laptop, and you should just say no.
Correct, it won't automatically sync if you haven't allowed it to do so. Just to make sure go to:
Edit->Preferences->Devices and check "prevent ipods and iphones from syncing automatically"
Old 11-18-2009 at 11:09 AM   #4
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Okay. Thank you.
Old 11-18-2009 at 11:10 AM   #5
pinkshuniza

Liked: 2 Times

There is a program called Share Pod which will allow you to sync everything without losing your music. It can be done on any computer; and it takes less than two minutes to download.

Reference: I use it all the time because I don't have any of the music on my computer; that I have on my iPod.

abbyabs likes this.
Old 11-18-2009 at 11:56 AM   #6
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

I think as long as you press cancel when that message comes up, it should still charge. Thats what I used to do at the very least. What I do now is have my iPod set to manual sync. This means I need to drag everything in my self, but the plus is that I can put my iPod into any of my friends laptop/computer and get their music and videos, with their permission of course.
Old 11-18-2009 at 04:23 PM   #7
sf

Liked: 36 Times

Sharepod seems like the best option but for some reason it won't work for me, it keeps coming up in Notepad and not as a folder. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 11-18-2009 at 04:49 PM   #8
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times

Sorry to steal your thread but I also have an ipod question...

Does anyone know how to make it so that all the songs on your ipod play at the same volume? I have no idea how to fix that so once in a while I'll go deaf when the next song plays on like full blast. SOOO annoying

On iTunes I have the "sound check" box checked which says it automatically adjusts the volume to the same level but it still isn't working :(
Old 11-18-2009 at 06:26 PM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline54 View Post
Sorry to steal your thread but I also have an ipod question...

Does anyone know how to make it so that all the songs on your ipod play at the same volume? I have no idea how to fix that so once in a while I'll go deaf when the next song plays on like full blast. SOOO annoying

On iTunes I have the "sound check" box checked which says it automatically adjusts the volume to the same level but it still isn't working :(
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3gain/

It's what I used to use when I DLed all my songs from Limewire and you could end up with wildly different volumes. It's the best volume equalizer out there.

caroline54, niteskie all say thanks to Tailsnake for this post.