MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mail/package delivery to res? Jayson193 Residence & Housing 3 07-27-2010 11:10 PM
Help with course issue jordanrogers Academics 3 06-11-2010 02:03 PM
food delivery jaason87 General Discussion 20 02-15-2010 11:07 PM

Issue with package delivery..

Old 11-02-2010 at 05:44 PM   #1
dhgn
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 3 Times

Issue with package delivery..
Hi
i ordered something from Ebay and it was to be delivered by Canada Post (to McMaster Univ.)
I wrote down the name of this university along with my rez and room #.

The problem is the assumed delivery day was today, so I just checked the tracking system from canadapost.ca and it said "item successfully delivered" to STONEY CREEK.... (I dont even know where stoney creek is.. but apparantly it is in Hamilton).

So i just called them and they told me that it's been delivered to a postal code that belongs to a university, and since McMaster is the only university with this postal code, it should be there somewhere.

So I went to the Commons but they didnt not have any record of it being delivered.

Has anyone ever experienced somethig similar to this? Did i just lose my money for that item?

OH by the way, according to the online tracking record, someone actually signed it to confirm its delivery and the initial was CPC (which i believe stands for Canada Post Corporation)
Old 11-02-2010 at 05:46 PM   #2
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Relax brah, your item had just arrived Hamilton and will be delivered to you tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2010 at 05:54 PM   #3
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhgn View Post
Hi
i ordered something from Ebay and it was to be delivered by Canada Post (to McMaster Univ.)
I wrote down the name of this university along with my rez and room #.

The problem is the assumed delivery day was today, so I just checked the tracking system from canadapost.ca and it said "item successfully delivered" to STONEY CREEK.... (I dont even know where stoney creek is.. but apparantly it is in Hamilton).

So i just called them and they told me that it's been delivered to a postal code that belongs to a university, and since McMaster is the only university with this postal code, it should be there somewhere.

So I went to the Commons but they didnt not have any record of it being delivered.

Has anyone ever experienced somethig similar to this? Did i just lose my money for that item?

OH by the way, according to the online tracking record, someone actually signed it to confirm its delivery and the initial was CPC (which i believe stands for Canada Post Corporation)

Theres a Canada Post in Stoney Creek, where they sort mail and stuff. So I think the CPP jus means its there and you'll probably have it tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2010 at 06:11 PM   #4
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammyt View Post
Relax brah, your item had just arrived Hamilton and will be delivered to you tomorrow.
That is correct, I ordered a lot of stuff in my 2nd term (1st year) and sometimes Stoney Creek was where it reached first and then came to Mac in a day or so.
Old 11-02-2010 at 06:13 PM   #5
dhgn
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 3 Times

Thanks!!
you ppl are awesome