food delivery jaason87 General Discussion 20 02-15-2010 11:07 PM
Mail tamzmullett General Discussion 4 06-30-2009 02:36 PM

Mail/package delivery to res?

Old 07-27-2010 at 10:16 PM  
Jayson193

Liked: 2 Times

Mail/package delivery to res?

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 07-27-2010 at 10:24 PM   #1
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by igob8a View Post
Hi guys, just a quick question regarding post service to residence; I see each residence building has its own address/postal code, and was wondering how one would go about picking up their stuff?

Is there a mailbox we can check ourselves or would we be notified somehow if there is something to come pick up?

I'm a fan of buying junk online so I'm curious about this .

Thanks
When you move into res you will get your own mailbox key - so yes you do have your own mailbox. However it is very small and fits only paper mail. If you do receive paper mail, you won't receive a notification, so you have to check your mail occasionally.

Any larger packages you order online or are sent to you will get sent to the service desk, either in Keyes or Commons, depending on which side of campus you are on. If this is the case, you will get an email when the package arrives and you go with your student card to pick it up.

They are generally pretty good with this and I have never had a problem with packages getting lost or not arriving.
Old 07-27-2010 at 10:26 PM   #2
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

There are mailboxes located under Commons.. GRRR AKJ:LADFADF:L I mean CENTRO. So regular mail would be sent there. You find out your mailbox number on move in or you can ask the people at the housing info desk.

As for packages, I got a few last yea. So they send you an email/ call your residence extension basically saying that you received a package and should pick it up. I'm not entirely sure if they have pick up at Keyes, but definitely in the commons building/centro building's housing information desk.
Old 07-27-2010 at 11:10 PM   #3
Jayson193

Liked: 2 Times

Looks like by 'box will be in commons, since I'll be staying in Woodstock.

Thanks for the info guys