MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interested in volunteering? Obrien General Discussion 0 11-19-2013 09:30 AM
Interested in a Hackerspace? justlily Clubs & Groups 6 06-20-2013 02:12 AM
Interested in horses? LBrooks Athletics & Recreation 0 09-23-2010 07:12 PM
Interested in Programming? dmzz Computers & Tech 14 08-10-2010 09:26 PM
any one interested in selling forst year books? jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-29-2010 02:31 PM

It'll be my first year, but I'm interested in being a CA. Help?

Old 09-26-2016 at 11:38 PM   #1
christinescot

Liked: 0 Times

It'll be my first year, but I'm interested in being a CA. Help?
I know I'm already 1598 steps ahead of myself here, but I'm interested in pursuing a second degree at McMaster next year after having just finished my first degree this past year at Windsor. I was an R.A for three years in Windsor, and I know that there they will allow students in their 'first year' at the school to apply for and be R.A's (or C.A's in this case) if they are coming from previous experience.

I understand that residence is very popular here and that it's an in-demand job, but I was wondering if it's even possible to apply to C.A if I have an early acceptance, and if not, if there's a second round of hiring in the summer or some such thing. Windsor had both an alternate list and a second round of hiring, so I'm curious! It's a job that I loved, so I'd love to have it again while continuing my education.

Any and all advice would be so appreciated
Old 09-27-2016 at 10:13 AM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

The application usually opens around January and interviews are in February if I remember correctly. The link is here. It is under "Residence Life Applications", which currently has nothing underneath but they will update that when applications open. They ask for your mcmaster email in the application and if I remember correctly acceptances don't come out until around March which is way past the deadline for this job and you don't get a mcmaster email until you've been accepted and have access to Mosaic (where your mcmaster email will just forward to your OUAC email) so you might want to just bookmark the link and save it for January of your first year and be a CA in your second year.