Heating? When is it coming kenvin100 Residence & Housing 12 09-18-2008 05:04 PM

It's coming...

Old 08-25-2009 at 12:37 PM   #45
viv_ntiri

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjkghkghkgh View Post
I once waited four hours for a plate of fries! *ba dum tss*

As funny as that comment is, it actually happened to me too...except it wasn't four hours. It was around 2 hours. The funny thing is that Quarters wasn't all that busy that night either...

Old 08-25-2009 at 02:16 PM   #46
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
I was in 1280 yesterday and it looks AMAZING. These photos in this article don't do it justice AT ALL.

It's very open-concept and has tons of awesome natural light. I'm really looking forward to seeing it at rep kickoff!
If the photos don't do it justice I don't wanna jump to any conclusions.

Like I mentioned before, it just seems that the whole open concept clubby atmosphere would be better than the old quarters for a night time event, but perhaps not for a quick meal.

What do you think, is it the kind of place you can sit and enjoy a solitary lunch?

Old 08-25-2009 at 02:32 PM   #47
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Re: Staffing. Look out for the open staffing fair in March of every year. Otherwise, go drop your resume and a cover letter off to the Quarters managers and hope for the best haha.

Re: Drink prices. Quarters used to have daily $10.50 pitchers... find me another bar remotely close to that.

Re: The solitary meal: I do this all the time at Quarters. Just sit at the bar. The bartenders are very attentive, and since they work in a more contained space, they have the tendency to be right in front of you if you need something.

Re: DJ: If you, or a friend do DJ, drop off some demos with the managers. It's pretty much the best way to get noticed by them!

Re: The Pub: Why would 1280 press for a pub? There are enough pubs around. Frankly, there are too many pubs around. Between West End, Hub, Ram's Head, Snooty Fox, and Phoenix, I think that the surrounding Mac area has enough pubs. What we need are bars and restaurants. Right now everyone goes to BP, endures expensive drinks and greasy food. This is a cheaper alternative with a much better bar.

Chad says thanks to deadpool for this post.

adrian likes this.

Old 08-25-2009 at 03:14 PM   #48
Matt Wright

Liked: 49 Times
I'm excited to see the renovated bathrooms that the designers took into account. You know, one of the things that I mentioned at SRA meetings so that people don't have to urinate in the dark or have taps so that people can remain sanitary.

As for the rest of the interior, it looks pretty sweet. Much more restaurant and much less dive-bar. Now all we need is good music acts and it'll be settttttt.

Old 08-25-2009 at 03:27 PM   #49
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Wright View Post
I'm excited to see the renovated bathrooms that the designers took into account. You know, one of the things that I mentioned at SRA meetings so that people don't have to urinate in the dark or have taps so that people can remain sanitary.

As for the rest of the interior, it looks pretty sweet. Much more restaurant and much less dive-bar. Now all we need is good music acts and it'll be settttttt.
lol, aren't you in montreal? go to super sexe and stop posting on macinsiders you cynic.

Old 08-25-2009 at 05:50 PM   #50
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
haha thanks for the post Matt! Hope you're enjoying your summer

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new menu... especially with new full-time chefs in the kitchen we should see a big improvement in food

Old 08-25-2009 at 05:56 PM   #51
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
lol, aren't you in montreal? go to super sexe and stop posting on macinsiders you cynic.
GOD I LOVED SUPER SEXE.
Went a summer ago

Old 08-25-2009 at 06:16 PM   #52
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Quarters used to have daily $10.50 pitchers... find me another bar remotely close to that.
Westend has $11.30 pitchers every day

Old 08-26-2009 at 05:25 AM   #53
unaiza

Liked: 0 Times
The interior design looks good, however I'd prefer Red over yellow and such any given day. Looks nice overall, hopefully the tables wouldn't be sticky anymore lol.

Old 08-26-2009 at 06:46 AM   #54
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_ntiri View Post
As funny as that comment is, it actually happened to me too...except it wasn't four hours. It was around 2 hours. The funny thing is that Quarters wasn't all that busy that night either...
Doesn't surprise me. I actually did wait for 15 or 20 minutes for someone to take my order (after having been seated by staff). I was the only patron in the place. Would have waited longer had I not left. That was the last time I and my money walked through the door.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search