MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Innis Library?? maryam17 General Discussion 24 10-18-2009 11:18 AM
Pirates in the library! KristaG General Discussion 4 09-17-2009 01:20 PM
Robots in the library? KristaG General Discussion 6 09-16-2009 08:31 PM
Lost in the library? KristaG First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 09-14-2009 03:01 PM
course books available at library? macculkin General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 08:19 PM

It's a Library - STFU!

Old 09-20-2010 at 12:15 PM   #1
JackBauer133

Liked: 0 Times

It's a Library - STFU!
While I understand that group work and other school related activities are going to warrant talking at an audible level, I find it to be extremely irritating when I am attempting to study or complete a reading in any library on campus, to find some idiot babbling on about something I couldn't give a damn about.

I don't give a sh*t about your roommate puking on your bed last night. I don't care to hear about how you think you might have an STD. I don't want to hear about why you would prefer tampons over pads. STFU if you're in a quiet study area, and spare the people around you the nausea of your irritating, cackling laughs.

And yes, all examples I just gave above are actual conversations I have overheard while attempting to study in Mills.

I may sound like a miserable ass, but there are plenty of places to socialize on campus. Try outside? It's been beautiful out recently. Or try the student centre, or any other place where people aren't studying.

I guess studying at home will be my best bet in the future....

lorend, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to JackBauer133 for this post.
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:21 PM   #2
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

I know library chatting gets really annoying during the exam time. If there is just one person in the silent study who is disturbing the others, I think you have all the rights to speak up and let them know that they should keep their talks softer in a polite manner. And i am pretty sure others will appreciate you for that. It may sound harsh, but atleast you will get some studying done.

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV

Old 09-20-2010 at 12:26 PM   #3
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

Everyone knows Mills is the loudest library, so just go to another one and save yourself the trouble of complaining on forums. Not to be an ass but Mills will never change, its the same shit hole where people go to socialize while attempting to study.
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:27 PM   #4
doug

Liked: 82 Times

There are different floors of the library, including small independent quiet study rooms.
The first floor isn't the only part of the library.
Old 09-20-2010 at 12:53 PM   #5
cellphone

Liked: 5 Times

try telling the person talking to shut up instead on a forum?...just some advice
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:14 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I almost never go to libraries. I tend to make other plans unless...shit. I need to be in a library right now.
Damn it.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:46 PM   #7
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

ahh i missed 3rd floor of thode
Old 09-20-2010 at 01:55 PM   #8
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Hey knowing if some one has a STD or not could be usefull knowledge, but yeah i agree dont go to the library to talk >.<
Old 09-20-2010 at 02:10 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

a) Don't go to mills (even if it's a quiet study area). I don't care if you're paying 7grand a year, you're digging your own grave when you go there to study.

b) Innis is good, especially the quiet study area.

c) Try asking the people to stop. More often than not, it works (especially if you do it with excruciating politeness). I know everyone has the mindset that "we shouldn't have to tell them to stop, it's a quiet study area" but that's exactly why people get away with it. Everyone should grow a pair, not just OP. I don't see why it's impolite to ask somebody to stop talking in designated quiet spots.

d) I think knowing who has an STD is VERY important.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-20-2010 at 02:26 PM   #10
doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
d) I think knowing who has an STD is VERY important.
It is, but only if you can remember who that person is after 6 beers.
Old 09-20-2010 at 02:31 PM   #11
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

LMAOO Lawley, this reminds me of today in Mills.
Lmfao.
after you told me the story about the baby and the window..... BAHAH

Those azn gurls were giving you the death look.
Actually, everyone there was.
but the story was great, in your defense. xD

Old 09-20-2010 at 02:31 PM   #12
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblomfield View Post
It is, but only if you can remember who that person is after 6 beers.
Do something to them to make you remember... ie: mark them.

You know how they put x's at clubs for people who are legal? Well, do the same to a girl if you're at a house party... but say something along the lines of "my very hot friend is doing an initiation for a frat house and has to hit on the prettiest girls at this party... you're one of them, so don't take the mark off or he'll lose."

Or something equally as cheesy. Just boost their ego. 60% of the time it works every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
LMAOO Lawley, this reminds me of today in Mills.
Lmfao.
after you told me the story about the baby and the window..... BAHAH

Those azn gurls were giving you the death look.
Actually, everyone there was.
but the story was great, in your defense. xD
My stories are always great. ;D
And in my defense, as I was telling the story, I actually thought to myself "I wonder if this is a quiet study area."

Seriously, I'ma learn mando/canto just to call them out in their own language. There's nothing better. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-20-2010
lawleypop
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-20-2010 at 02:36 PM   #13
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammyt View Post
ahh i missed 3rd floor of thode
Haha, I remember that. Do something as slight as dropping a pencil, and you get like 5 people telling you to stfu.

cellphone, mohammyt like this.
Old 09-20-2010 at 02:54 PM   #14
doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Haha, I remember that. Do something as slight as dropping a pencil, and you get like 5 people telling you to stfu.
I always felt soooooo uncomfortable when I studied there with the sniffles or something.