MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Japanese 1Z06 davey 1st Year Course Reviews 10 04-16-2012 02:33 PM
Chinese 1Z06 & Japanese 1Z06 wani Academics 2 08-14-2010 07:38 PM
Taking Japanese 1Z06 ? NatalyaOtaku Academics 1 08-12-2010 01:28 PM
for, Japanese 1z06 do the tutorials have to be the same??? redstarr37 Academics 1 08-09-2010 06:56 PM
Please message me if you are going to drop Japanese 1z06 sinthusized Academics 6 07-01-2008 06:49 PM

Japanese 1Z06

Old 07-03-2011 at 11:55 PM   #1
winter02

Liked: 7 Times

Japanese 1Z06
Hi, I am quite new to the forum so I apologize if this thread is in the wrong section

I'm going to be a first year student in the life sciences program starting September and just finished choosing my courses. I wanted Japanese 1Z06 but it was full literally 2 hours after the opening of SOLAR for the faculty of science ><. Just wanted to ask what were the chances of a seat opening up during the summer before August 1st =/
Oh, and is it worth while to email the humanities department because I already emailed them inquiring about a waiting list but no luck =/. I heard stories about people emailing the department and actually succeeding in getting a seat. What should I include in my email if I do email them. I really want to take JAPANESE 1Z06 =/

Thanks
Old 07-04-2011 at 01:04 AM   #2
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

The chances of a seat opening up are unlikely. Languages are among the most popular classes.

Couldn't hurt to email them. Just tell them you're interested, explain how it would benefit you, etc.
Old 07-04-2011 at 01:16 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

You still have plenty of time for it to open between July until the first 2 weeks of school, as long as you keep checking often and keep an eye out for open spots.
Old 07-04-2011 at 02:01 AM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

I actually got into this class, but had to drop it because it was in conflict with my required courses.
Old 07-04-2011 at 07:02 AM   #5
Fatalis

Liked: 0 Times

You may want to also try going into the trading thread and see if you have something someone else wants and they have Japanese 1Z06.
Old 07-04-2011 at 07:13 AM   #6
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Keep checking SOLAR periodically because people tend to drop/add courses occasionally.
Check out this link as well :
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...1.html?t=43571
Old 07-04-2011 at 01:23 PM   #7
winter02

@Eternal Fire
you should've told me you had it earlier D=
and how did you know there was a conflict with your required courses, because most required courses have several core lecture times, so how do you know whether there will be a conflict or not?

Oh, and I did post in the trading thread, offering Chinese 1Z06 for Japanese 1Z06 =P
Old 07-04-2011 at 02:47 PM   #8
Otoshigami

Liked: Liked 4 Times

I also wanted to take this course but it was somehow full within seconds of me getting on SOLAR (I got in at exactly 12:01). Anyway, emailing departments about opening up seats may have worked at one point, but it would seem not anymore. I emailed a bunch of people in the language department and the humanities department hoping for a spot.

Language department told me to email the humanities department.
Humanities department told me they can't do anything for me and that I should instead keep checking SOLAR throughout the rest of the summer to see if spots open up. They also told me that they don't keep waiting lists.
Old 07-04-2011 at 02:51 PM   #9
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter02 View Post
@Eternal Fire
you should've told me you had it earlier D=
and how did you know there was a conflict with your required courses, because most required courses have several core lecture times, so how do you know whether there will be a conflict or not?

Oh, and I did post in the trading thread, offering Chinese 1Z06 for Japanese 1Z06 =P
actually for math courses in second year, there is only one core for everything, lol math is not the largest program at Mac you know

and about the course, I dropped it like two week ago, lol how was I suppose to tell you?
Old 07-04-2011 at 04:13 PM   #10
winter02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
actually for math courses in second year, there is only one core for everything, lol math is not the largest program at Mac you know

and about the course, I dropped it like two week ago, lol how was I suppose to tell you?
Lmao sorry if I gave off the impression that I was mad xD, just raging at how fast the course flled up ><

oh, and about the conflicts. How can you check to see if you have a conflict as a first year student in the life sciences program? cuz theres alot of cores for almost all my courses so I'm guessing there shouldn't be a conflict?