MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
why aren't there any jobs out there? macbaby07 Volunteering Opportunities 46 05-16-2010 06:19 PM
jobs at The Tank cbrasch Volunteering Opportunities 1 05-09-2010 03:19 PM
Campus Jobs Chad Volunteering Opportunities 0 03-31-2010 09:50 PM
UTS Student Jobs Chad Volunteering Opportunities 2 01-29-2009 02:37 PM
Jobs at mac ? WavesSea Volunteering Opportunities 7 07-14-2008 04:19 PM

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Hey Everyone,

Just a friendly neighbourhood reminder that the MSU has posted a couple more jobs for the coming year:

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/jobs/overview/jobs.htm

Take a quick look and maybe you'll have a much needed job come september.

Richard C.
(enjoying MSU employment since 05/2010)
Published by
Richard Cioci

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 07-29-2010 at 10:21 AM   #2
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times
Hey there,

So I sent my 1280 application in through email last week because the portal wasn't working properly, do you know when we can expect to hear anything from them?

Old 07-29-2010 at 10:32 AM   #3
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times
Has anyone else had trouble with the MSU website? Honestly, it never seems to work for me. I'm trying to log in but it says my login is invalid, then I go to forgot password and it says my password can't be emailed to me. Then I go to create an account and it says an account with my email exists already.

I know I've made an account before and have been able to log into it so I don't know what's going on here. :|

Last edited by jachill : 07-29-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Old 07-29-2010
JEFF_CHAN
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-29-2010 at 02:22 PM   #4
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times
I just got a call from 1280...got an interview! They're next week apparently so you should probably be getting a cool soonish.

Old 07-29-2010 at 05:58 PM   #5
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neila.b View Post
I just got a call from 1280...got an interview! They're next week apparently so you should probably be getting a cool soonish.
did u apply through portal or e-mail. i really tried onportal but it wouldnt work so i just sent them it by e-mail and what position did you get a call for?

Old 07-29-2010 at 10:44 PM   #6
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times
I applied through e-mail, and for server

Old 08-01-2010 at 09:46 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
The preferred method for applications is thru the portal, but if that doesn't work email is fine.

But if you are having problems with the portal LET SOMEONE KNOW! Contact the manager of the position you want to apply to and say you can't use the portal. If you're experiencing further issues, contact the webmaster!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-01-2010 at 12:03 PM   #8
ashlay17

Liked: 0 Times
I applied through email as well and have an interview next week. So you'd be safer to just do it that way. It seems to work!

Old 08-05-2010 at 12:40 AM   #9
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

so guys i didnt even get an interview :( it sucks cuz im so perfect for the job, im a server already! o well its prob cuz im a guy. i noticed its harder for guys to become servers but some do make it. maybe i'll try boston pizza

Old 08-08-2010 at 06:06 PM   #10
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
I'm pretty sure Boston Pizza only hires attractive young women

Old 08-08-2010 at 06:21 PM   #11
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
I'm pretty sure Boston Pizza only hires attractive young women

Yeah most restaurants do, I've noticed some guys only remember their waitress after they leave the restaurant.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search