MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Mac Clubs... IbrahimH Clubs & Groups 3 09-30-2009 02:27 PM
Clubs niteskie General Discussion 15 09-09-2009 02:07 PM
clubs caitmcmanus Clubs & Groups 3 07-05-2009 03:15 PM
Joining clubs kim282 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-06-2008 09:08 AM
clubs/teams zaki First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-04-2008 04:46 PM

Joining Clubs

Old 09-04-2009 at 08:59 AM   #16
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Usually the meetings are in the evening, around 5-7.

It may be inconvenient if you have morning classes only. You can opt to not attend meetings, but stay updated through e-mail and go for the larger events.

Smeena Deol says thanks to Lois for this post.
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:05 AM   #17
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

YAY for clubs!!

Last year, there were over 280 clubs or so and each club has to have a certain number of executive involved in it plus some sort of membership base.. so multiply 280 by a low estimate of 5 people still is a pretty big number!

There are many clubs all with different times and committments. Ie when macinsiders was a club, you could be involved at your own time compared to the McMaster Marching Band where they have practices on wednesdays and of course the performances..

Check out clubsfest this wednesday! YAY

Smeena Deol says thanks to temara.brown for this post.

Holowacj likes this.
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:25 AM   #18
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

One thing I found funny about clubfest last year is that basically every club also had an Asian equivalent :p. (i.e. Engineering Club and Chinese Engineering Club, lol)
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:29 AM   #19
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeena Deol View Post
how about if you're commuting? wouldn't it perhaps be harder to attend the meetings? and should we still join because i really want to join the punjabi association, South Asian Alliance at McMaster, McMaster Sikh Student Association and a few others. I'm not quite sure if it would be possible to join all the meetings and what not considering i'm coming from brampton :|
I find that most new members who commute to Mac....sadly don't find the time to really get involved with club activities in the long run. It's definitely up to you if you are up for staying after class etc. to participate in meetings and activities.

Smeena Deol says thanks to marieeeeeee for this post.
Old 09-07-2009 at 11:40 AM   #20
mmmdert

Liked: 1 Time

for the do-gooders who are thinking of joinging a branch of an international NGO: think twice. Most of your time will be spent fundraising money of which a very small fraction will actually go to the people you are trying to help. My suggestion would be to do something local, whether campaigning for more environmental responsibility on campus, cheering up sick children in the hospital, doing non-violence workshops in a school or serving a free breakfast to those who maybe can't aford it themselves, there are lots of people who need your help right here in Hamilton, and by volunteering locally you can really make a difference.

Ellywinkle likes this.
Old 09-08-2009 at 12:17 PM   #21
yas1

Liked: 0 Times

is macpass needed for clubfest? how can i join clubs if i cant make it to clubfest?
Old 09-08-2009 at 12:20 PM   #22
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by yas1 View Post
is macpass needed for clubfest? how can i join clubs if i cant make it to clubfest?
Clubfest is for everyone macpass not required.