MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Age 1BB3 ranoona First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 09-19-2011 03:26 PM
Health Age 1bb3? Rakim Academics 5 01-04-2011 02:51 PM
Geront 1A03/ Hth Age 1BB3 midterm ~*Sara*~ Academics 0 10-14-2010 10:51 AM
1st midterm test Juve General Discussion 4 10-10-2010 02:35 PM

joshi's health age 1bb3 midterm test

Old 02-05-2012 at 07:25 PM   #1
Joyceyblank

Liked: 3 Times

joshi's health age 1bb3 midterm test
I'm having my health age 1bb3 midterm on tuesday
and regrettably, I didn't start early enough
so there is no way that i can finish reading the textbook and memorize all this before the test

I just want to know, for those that took it with her previously, is it still possible to do well if I memorize her notes, theories, and all those textbook definitions (which took 5 pages...)

also, what happens if I use the "sick form". Do I do it after or does the percentage weight get added to my final?
Old 02-05-2012 at 08:09 PM   #2
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

don't know about the sick form, but it took me 1 day to read the textbook pages before the midterm, and another day for the rest of it before the exam. the textbook is seriously horrible to get through. the authors were quite cruel with the lack of personality in it. make sure you know the definitions, notes, theories... the only "numbers" you'll be tested on are the exact life expectancy for males/females in canada which should be in her notes. everything else just realize the TRENDS.that is super important. it's mostly common sense but there's a bunch of stuff that's only obvious if you've done the studying. good luck. they don't return the midterms so i cant recall any of the questions that were on it other than the life expectancy one. the exam was around the same difficulty, maybe a tad harder just cuz it was so many MCQ's. so yeah, if you dont have time to read the textbook then just read the chapter summaries and know those, or go through the chapters and just look for trends and ignore all the numbers and random details.

Joyceyblank says thanks to yoni for this post.
Old 02-05-2012 at 08:14 PM   #3
Joyceyblank

Liked: 3 Times

thanks so much!!
but can you elaborate on "trends"
like, are the trends part only for that chapter with all those statistics
Old 02-05-2012 at 09:36 PM   #4
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Just memorize her notes and you should get at least 80%+ that's all I did.

Joyceyblank says thanks to Biochem47 for this post.
Old 02-06-2012 at 07:09 AM   #5
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
Just memorize her notes and you should get at least 80%+ that's all I did.
agreed. I read through my notes the night before and got a 85%. As long as u attended lecture it was easy. Just go through the chapter summaries and know definitions.

Joyceyblank says thanks to gallagaj for this post.
Old 02-06-2012 at 09:59 AM   #6
Skyisblue

Liked: 0 Times

I skimmed over the chapters and concentrated on the notes.

Joyceyblank says thanks to Skyisblue for this post.
Old 02-06-2012 at 11:45 AM   #7
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

by 'trends' i mean like "people get more religious as they age" except for this example, the answer is that this trend is false because religiousity is a cohort difference.