Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
I seriously love your threads.

How did you find the big q's exam
I made moronic mistakes.

Nothing new there. Course wasn't remotely what I expected (WOW, IMAGINE THAT! /theme of this year) and it just got really lame.

Rakim likes this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:07 AM   #17
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Oh God. I read everything, and I feel like it's all gone. Seriously, imagine the exam was cumulative! I would've diedddddd. But seriously, the slides are so disorganized, little details are mentioned about a pathway all over the place, and it's up to you to put them together and organize them in your head. I just can't wait to get it over with. Hopefully looking at the MC questions, the answer will hit me DX.. or not.
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:10 AM   #18
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Oh God. I read everything, and I feel like it's all gone. Seriously, imagine the exam was cumulative! I would've diedddddd. But seriously, the slides are so disorganized, little details are mentioned about a pathway all over the place, and it's up to you to put them together and organize them in your head. I just can't wait to get it over with. Hopefully looking at the MC questions, the answer will hit me DX.. or not.
I read this stuff, take my time, come back the next day... nothing.

When I read the practice questions (which aren't practice as much as they are stupid) bits come back, but then I end up mixing up proteins and whatnot.

Man, I was hoping to get away from this stuff after high school... LOL MY LIFE IS A LIE

Old 12-11-2010 at 12:15 AM   #19
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I read this stuff, take my time, come back the next day... nothing.

When I read the practice questions (which aren't practice as much as they are stupid) bits come back, but then I end up mixing up proteins and whatnot.

Man, I was hoping to get away from this stuff after high school... LOL MY LIFE IS A LIE
Ah, I know what you mean. Those practice questions are a joke. Sure it's a "guide" but it doesn't tell you to what level of detail you need to know this insane amount of information. I'm hoping to read everything again tomorrow and that will do it =/.

Haha, you never get away from this stuff. Just like how thye tell you it gets easier after first year. LIES!
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:20 AM   #20
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Ah, I know what you mean. Those practice questions are a joke. Sure it's a "guide" but it doesn't tell you to what level of detail you need to know this insane amount of information. I'm hoping to read everything again tomorrow and that will do it =/.

Haha, you never get away from this stuff. Just like how thye tell you it gets easier after first year. LIES!
By easier I think they were referring to how much easier it is to grab your friends and go to the pub for a drink instead of study..

mlangille, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:24 AM   #21
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
By easier I think they were referring to how much easier it is to grab your friends and go to the pub for a drink instead of study..
Let's see how 3rd year turns out :S. But good luck tomorrow everyone, hopefully she'll be nice enough to end the term with a decent exam, unlike test 2.
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:27 AM   #22
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

You will always get a course or two in university where no matter how hard you try you will not succeed due to lack quality in lectures, quality in textbook or organization of prof.

Just take a deep breath and relax. Oh and don't forget about e^(-x^2). Must important function in math if you know what I mean

(if you don't it is a Gaussian curve AKA bell curve)

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:28 AM   #23
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Let's see how 3rd year turns out :S. But good luck tomorrow everyone, hopefully she'll be nice enough to end the term with a decent exam, unlike test 2.
Test 2 was an experiment in sadism.

Old 12-11-2010 at 12:28 AM   #24
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
You will always get a course or two in university where no matter how hard you try you will not succeed due to lack quality in lectures, quality in textbook or organization of prof.

Just take a deep breath and relax. Oh and don't forget about e^(-x^2). Must important function in math if you know what I mean

Man, I'm actually insulted by that

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:29 AM   #25
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post

It's just such a disappointment when the the course material is really interesting, the professor is great, but the course administration is just not the greatest. Ah, engineers and math..
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:32 AM   #26
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Sara, I also don't want to have to go through each year miserable and say "Oh..let's see how next year turns out!"

What happens if 4th year is garbage, my thesis isn't good enough, nobody likes me and all the kids make fun of me at recess, and graduate schools laugh when I hand them my applications.

WHAT THEN, WENCH!?

Old 12-11-2010 at 12:37 AM   #27
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Sara, I also don't want to have to go through each year miserable and say "Oh..let's see how next year turns out!"

What happens if 4th year is garbage, my thesis isn't good enough, nobody likes me and all the kids make fun of me at recess, and graduate schools laugh when I hand them my applications.

WHAT THEN, WENCH!?
Good point. I actually never thought of it that way :(. oh yeah, what if? I have NO idea. Care to share your advice oh wise one?
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:56 AM   #28
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

On topic: Sara! Should I read the text or just go over the slides? Honestly just starting to study this crap...the fact that it was non-cumulative made me think I wouldn't need to study, but this looks like a freakin new language now >.<

Off topic @ Kendoon: DUDE! Is that Sawyer on your display pic (from LOST)?
Old 12-11-2010 at 12:57 AM   #29
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
On topic: Sara! Should I read the text or just go over the slides? Honestly just starting to study this crap...the fact that it was non-cumulative made me think I wouldn't need to study, but this looks like a freakin new language now >.<

THIS!

Off topic: NO, it's Jim Raynor from Starcraft

Old 12-11-2010 at 01:03 AM   #30
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post

@ Farid- Oh no, don't bother with the textbook. I read about 2 sentences and closed it . Unless some random diagram thrown in doesn't make any sense at all, then look it up in the textbook. Otherwise, don't bother. Don't worry! You still have time. At least I would like to think so, since I can't recall anything that I've read :S

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 12-11-2010 at 01:05 AM.

ikantsepll says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.