MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Couple of GPA questions hellonewyork Academics 4 05-01-2013 02:37 PM
Transfer Student from RYE with a couple questions khanus2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-28-2012 02:15 PM
A Couple of Questions on Course Reserves eleduc Academics 1 08-30-2010 10:20 AM
A couple of questions akbadak First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 01-03-2010 05:31 PM
couple of questions.. marrgarita First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-11-2008 01:29 PM

Just had couple of questions!

Old 08-21-2013 at 10:27 AM   #1
1nfinite

Liked: 0 Times

Just had couple of questions!
Hey guys!
I just had couple of questions.

1) On move in day, if my roommate arrives earlier than I do, will my family and I be allowed into the building and then after they leave, I can pick my keys up?

2) I've been hearing many things about Mastering Chem. Are we allowed to reuse the code? I bought the chem book for a decent price and I'll need to purchase the code which is approximately $66 at the book store.

3) For english 1a03, is it necessary to buy the text book? Or can I just look up the short stories and poems online?

4) For the psych 1x03 course, when do you normally write the quiz/test on Fridays (time) ?

Thank you!
Old 08-21-2013 at 11:12 AM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

3) I don't actually know if you can look up the poems and/or stories online. You can try but if it were me i would buy the textbook just in case

4) i took this course in the summer time and from what I can remember that you have 24 hours to write the test. Meaning, the quiz opens at 12:00 midnight Friday and closes at 11:59pm Friday night. I don't know if this is the same case during the year.
Old 08-21-2013 at 11:34 AM   #3
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

For English 1A03: if the syllabus has been released already, then yes you can look up the poems online. You will be required to have them on hand during your tutorials, so I suggest keeping a folder to store the printouts of these poems. You will be making notes on them anyway, so it's really handy.

You have to approach this realistically. If you know your organization skills are sub par and your memory fails you often enough, I suggest buying the book. English 1A03 is one of the most-enrolled English courses at MAc, so the chances of you finding a book for cheap are pretty good. Also, there are a ton of great deals on Amazon.
Old 08-21-2013 at 11:44 AM   #4
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nfinite View Post
Hey guys!

1) On move in day, if my roommate arrives earlier than I do, will my family and I be allowed into the building and then after they leave, I can pick my keys up?

2) I've been hearing many things about Mastering Chem. Are we allowed to reuse the code? I bought the chem book for a decent price and I'll need to purchase the code which is approximately $66 at the book store.

3) For english 1a03, is it necessary to buy the text book? Or can I just look up the short stories and poems online?

4) For the psych 1x03 course, when do you normally write the quiz/test on Fridays (time) ?

Thank you!
On move-in you pull up. A bunch of upper year reps will move all your non-breakable, non-electronic item to your room for you (so label everything!!). Your parents then go park your car and you go get your keys. By the time you get your keys everything should be sitting just outside your room. You will meet your roomate either right then or within a very short period of time.

The building itself will be open so yes your parents will be allowed in.
Old 08-21-2013 at 02:27 PM   #5
jenpower

Liked: 7 Times

You can't reuse Mastering Chem, it's assigned to a person's name and you can't change it. You'll need to buy a new code, which you can get online for $50 I think.
Old 08-21-2013 at 04:45 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nfinite View Post
Hey guys!

Thank you!
1) You / fam should be allowed into your room to help with moving. Just gona be packed if at the same time? =s
2) It is optional. It is worth 3% of your mark (if you don't do it your midterms are worth more) and they have valuable practice