MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-09-2010 at 04:56 PM   #346
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
No, I think all the people who spam people with leaflets etc are wasting paper. I just happened to notice the KGB people doing it today. Most of the paper that gets handed out in and around MUSC gets tossed on the ground or in the garbage. The posters are fine, and the tables I get b/c if people are interested they can find out info at your table but the papers all these groups toss at people are waste.
Agreed. And they are getting pretty obnoxious lately too.
(Not just the KGP people, but them included) A lot of the people handing out paper lately are getting really in your face, it's almost impossible to not take the paper from them. They should just stand to the side and offer their hand out with the paper - not come up and stand right infront of you.
Old 03-09-2010 at 05:03 PM   #347
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I don't think someone went around writing KGP on the benches in order to make the KGP people look bad.
lol I was actually considering doing a falseflag type thing with chalk along these lines. seemed a little too vindictive/pointless/annoying though
Old 03-09-2010 at 05:07 PM   #348
Theophilus

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I don't think someone went around writing KGP on the benches in order to make the KGP people look bad.
ok let's compromise

hehe of course not, conspiracy theories are more unlikely
Old 03-09-2010 at 08:19 PM   #349
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

this god stuff is outta hand. its everywhere!! i don't want to know god. for me there is no god. stop spamming mac!!!
Old 03-09-2010 at 10:34 PM   #350
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei... 18536&ref=mf Here is the event page for KGP

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 03-09-2010 at 11:00 PM   #351
cocchiarella

Liked: 24 Times

in all seriousness if it negatively impacts your day that much you need more help than macinsiders can provide. Why are there so many people who are complaining? There are many better reasons to be against religion that chalk drawings on a ground (many expressed in this thread).

I'm very much in the pro-science/anti-religion boat and share many of such views expressed in these pages but here is the bottom line:

grow up, stop complaining, no body cares.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:03 PM   #352
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't understand people who think "I don't care about [this issue], therefore no one else should either"

When it's nice out, I want to sit outside. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:03 PM   #353
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocchiarella View Post
in all seriousness if it negatively impacts your day that much you need more help than macinsiders can provide. Why are there so many people who are complaining? There are many better reasons to be against religion that chalk drawings on a ground (many expressed in this thread).

I'm very much in the pro-science/anti-religion boat and share many of such views expressed in these pages but here is the bottom line:

Last I checked this was a forum on the internet for us to express our opinions. Also you may not care but obviously people do or this thread wouldn't have generated so much debate. How about you grow up and stop acting so holier than thou.

wienerjc likes this.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:12 PM   #354
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Also you may not care but obviously people do or this thread wouldn't have generated so much debate.
No one cared until it was made known what KGP stands for. Once people found out it was a religious thing, they got bothered. This thread was even started by someone casually asking what it meant, not starting a debate on the existence of God.

Putting initialisms all over the sidewalk may be tacky, but in the big picture, it hurts no one. It's washed away by rain, and easily ignored by not walking with your head down. When they start knocking on your door on Saturday morning spreading the word of God, get pissed. Until then, I think everyone needs to let it go.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:13 PM   #355
cocchiarella

Quote:
I don't understand people who think "I don't care about [this issue], therefore no one else should either"

When it's nice out, I want to sit outside. There's nothing wrong with that.
agreed, go sit outside.

Quote:
Last I checked this was a forum on the internet for us to express our opinions. Also you may not care but obviously people do or this thread wouldn't have generated so much debate. How about you grow up and stop acting so holier than thou.
Thank you for checking, i had no idea. I really dont see how it is any different than other advertisements that have been chalked around mac.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:13 PM   #356
Rstevenson

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:

If there are so many people complaining, maybe, just maybe it actually does bug people? seems pretty logical to me. but since nobody (meaning you) cares i guess it doesnt affect anyone.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:17 PM   #357
cocchiarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstevenson View Post
If there are so many people complaining, maybe, just maybe it actually does bug people? seems pretty logical to me. but since nobody (meaning you) cares i guess it doesnt affect anyone.
reeves brings up a good point:
Quote:
No one cared until it was made known what KGP stands for.

AfroMaestro likes this.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:28 PM   #358
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Thank you for checking, i had no idea. I really dont see how it is any different than other advertisements that have been chalked around mac.
People have complained and debated about other campus spam in the past that made campus look tacky like the chalking.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:29 PM   #359
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Well, that's the thing, right? It's part of the marketing tactic.

Scrawl cryptic messages, get the buzz going, and then rope you in the same way as the "Saturday morning" thing.

AfroMaestro likes this.
Old 03-09-2010 at 11:39 PM   #360
cocchiarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptingf8 View Post
Well, that's the thing, right? It's part of the marketing tactic.

Scrawl cryptic messages, get the buzz going, and then rope you in the same way as the "Saturday morning" thing.
hahaha so true. chalk one up for the KGP campaign.

AfroMaestro likes this.