MacInsiders Logo
Old 03-04-2010 at 09:49 AM   #46
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

I saw one of the people writing these things yesterday. It was some tiny asian girl on a bicycle. Didn't seem right to punch her out. :p
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:24 PM   #47
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

I really hope it doesn't stand for Knowing God Personally, that would be pretty stupid and anti-climatic.
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:33 PM   #48
porringa

Liked: 0 Times

What are you looking for?

Can we KGP? How do you know? Are you sure?

Find out March 12 6:15pm HSC 1A1.

Any real right or wrong?
http://www.michaelhorner.com /artic...ong/index.html

God's existence?
http://www.michaelhorner.com /artic...ist/index.html
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:49 PM   #49
porringa

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
life is meaningless, if drugs music church w/e makes you happy do it.
Do drugs/music/w.e make you happy?
If I claim to know God personally, does that mean I also claim to have superior knowledge or want to lord the impact of knowing God personally in my life over others?
But, if knowing God personally has made a positive impact on me, wouldn't it be worse to keep it to myself?
If I escape a burning building because someone showed me a ladder, shouldn't I show the ladder to everyone else in the building? I didn't escape by my own merit, so I have nothing to lord over others. (Analogies are imperfect, but I hope you understand my meaning.)
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:51 PM   #50
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Rain rain come again to wash out those KGPs

micadjems likes this.
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:54 PM   #51
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by porringa View Post
Do drugs/music/w.e make you happy?
If I claim to know God personally, does that mean I also claim to have superior knowledge or want to lord the impact of knowing God personally in my life over others?
But, if knowing God personally has made a positive impact on me, wouldn't it be worse to keep it to myself?
If I escape a burning building because someone showed me a ladder, shouldn't I show the ladder to everyone else in the building? I didn't escape by my own merit, so I have nothing to lord over others. (Analogies are imperfect, but I hope you understand my meaning.)
what do you mean when you say you know God personally? Did you have a conversation with him? What does he look like?
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:54 PM   #52
liablue

I heard it was some weird Eng in-joke. But the Israel/Palestine and Campus for Christ things make sense too
Old 03-04-2010 at 01:58 PM   #53
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

I was sitting in the library on one of the macs when the background changed to be a KGP ad. That bothered me. I don't think there should be any religious group plastering their ad over all the computers in the library.

Now I realize I have a slightly extreme view, I don't think any student money should be given to any group that has a religious affiliation (including MASH). They should be allowed to be clubs and everything, but not receive any of the support that others clubs do. They should be protected and allowed to book rooms and whatnot, but not much else.

That being said, that is my own personal view that I realize people would freak out about, so I don't push that agenda, but ads on the Macs is a bit much.

Imagine if MASH did the same graffiti campaign around campus about god not existing? There would be protests, human rights violation forms filed out, and fatwas up the wall against McMaster.

Alireza, Shmowen like this.
Old 03-04-2010 at 02:03 PM   #54
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
what do you mean when you say you know God personally? Did you have a conversation with him? What does he look like?
Morgan Freeman.

Old 03-04-2010 at 02:34 PM   #55
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by porringa View Post
I see what you're trying to say but for some people it is worse if you don't keep it to yourself. Some people are ..offended by this stuff.
Old 03-04-2010 at 02:58 PM   #56
drez99

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Everyone else = everyone except for him.

How pretentious.
Just curious micadjems... where DOES your religious knowlege come from? Is there a "right" and a "wrong" source do you think?
Old 03-04-2010 at 03:01 PM   #57
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez99 View Post
Just curious micadjems... where DOES your religious knowlege come from? Is there a "right" and a "wrong" source do you think?
What does this have to do with her comment?
Old 03-04-2010 at 03:02 PM   #58
drez99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Holy crap, campus was spammed to hell last night with this KGP crap.

Why is it they're allowed to spew their religious propaganda all over an educational institute's property?

Its just getting tacky and ridiculous now.
lol what is so bad about religion in an educational institution? . I don't get what the big deal is. Does Mac not have a "Divinity College?", does it not have a department of Religious Studies? Do you KNOW what McMaster's motto is? . You might be surprised...
Old 03-04-2010 at 03:03 PM   #59
drez99

Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
I see what you're trying to say but for some people it is worse if you don't keep it to yourself. Some people are ..offended by this stuff.
what do people find so offensive about religion or faith? I'm asking generally, not just you temara
Old 03-04-2010 at 03:05 PM   #60
drez99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
What does this have to do with her comment?
The comment was criticizing sources for "religious knowlege"... what's the point of criticizing something like that?