MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ask the Candidates - Kieran Chad Presidentials 2010 1 02-01-2010 03:42 PM
Second Candidate To Join Kieran Alkerton temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-26-2010 01:51 PM

Kieran Alkerton

Old 02-03-2010 at 11:12 PM   #136
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothwell View Post
I just wanted to stop by tonight and make sure everyone is aware that Kieran is running a dirty campaign. Today, I was on my way to talk to Mary when a Kieran supporter (I know he supported Kieran because he told me he was) told me that he thinks Mary is not qualified to run because she is a woman. Where do I report this heinous breach of MSU policy? I want everyone to know that Kieran, while purporting to run a clean campaign, has supporters who are flagrantly breaching the new rules. Please help me publicize this; I don't know what I should do.
I'm not actually sure how you report violations, but I know you report them to the elections committee. If you need help getting in contact with them you can send me a PM.

However, I would assume you'd need some form of proof outside of your word. And to be honest I have a hard time believing your story, unless the guy was joking. =/ No one would honestly believe that Mary would be unqualified because of her sex, I think we're all a bit more mature than that...
Old 02-03-2010
mellye
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 02-03-2010 at 11:26 PM   #137
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

Wow. To be very blunt, this is absolute bullshit. As someone who knows Mary, I can safely say no one would assume she isn't qualified regardless of her gender. Mary is one of the few female candidates in the last several years to not run based on her gender, and that is because she is qualified and doesn't need to rely on her gender to win.

Secondly, knowing Kieran well, and those on his campaign team, I can say with confidence this never happened. Kieran has many skilled men and women on his campaign team, and has never shown any sort of gender bias. Not only would Kieran himself never do such a thing, but his campaign team would never support or allow such behaviour and he knows that.

This is the first time throughout the Presidential race so far that someone can accurately accuse another of libel. You have absolutely nothing to back up your statements with, and it isn't an opinion so you can't claim fair comment. This is clearly a failed attempt to defame Kieran's character that won't work for those that have taken the time to get to know him.

huzaifa47, jmbauman all say thanks to McIntyre for this post.

fionn.smyth, Ian Finlay like this.
Old 02-03-2010 at 11:31 PM   #138
Bothwell

Liked: 2 Times

Thanks for the insight Jon; I never claimed any what you are saying is true. As discussed above in so much detail, I'm pretty sure the scenario I described falls under the category of supporter, as I understand it. It may well have been simply the opinion of a misguided student who thought Kieran was the best pick for the job. I don't imagine he was on the campaign team, although as I didn't get a name I'd have to have a look as a lineup to truthfully certify this. It's a terrible thing that there are sexist people floating around McMaster; likely just bad luck that he was a fan of Kieran, I guess.
Old 02-03-2010
Bothwell
Old 02-03-2010
McIntyre
Old 02-03-2010
Marlowe
Old 02-03-2010
Bothwell
Old 02-03-2010
huzaifa47
Old 02-03-2010
JillfromChil
Old 02-03-2010
Bothwell
Old 02-03-2010
neila.b
Old 02-03-2010
kalkerton
Old 02-03-2010
McIntyre
Old 02-03-2010
McIntyre