MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst thing you did to someone? bloodywarz General Discussion 73 09-18-2010 11:20 AM
What is the #1 thing you need right now? Rossclot General Discussion 94 02-04-2010 09:25 AM
I don't get the whole textbook thing..? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-18-2009 11:32 PM
HSR sticker thing jordanrogers General Discussion 18 06-29-2009 01:42 AM
For the Clubfest thing Goce Academics 5 09-03-2008 05:25 PM

What was the KingQueen thing

Old 02-11-2010 at 06:40 PM   #1
Iamanonymous

Liked: 20 Times

What was the KingQueen thing
So yesterday and today I have noticed people handing out cards that had KingQueen (something like that) written on it. Of course they didn't give me one because it seems I am not that cool enough. But whatever.
So does anyone know what that thing is? Why do they seem to be choosing people to give those flier thing. Or maybe it is just me. Just so curious because the one giving the card/flier thing doesn't look like they would ever give me one.
Old 02-11-2010 at 06:48 PM   #2
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

I wondered that too, when I saw it for the first time. I was like "why is there Queens shit at Mac?". Then I saw Kings, and wondered what it was.
Old 02-11-2010 at 06:54 PM   #3
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

It is an event for Valentines day I think(Or it was today?) that is being run by either Volv Marketing or LimeLight Media both of whom are event planning and marketing companies for various nightclubs. Both of these companies were the ones who organized and sold Frosh Week Wristbands.

But them explicitly setting up a table and soliciting is technically not legal under MUSC laws(As in they haven't paid MUSC to distribute the flyers and talk to people)

It is also true that they are selectively targeting people from my observation of them over 2 weeks(I was at a presidential campaign headquarters the entire day), they mostly target people who they think will go to the event and frequent night clubs on the weekends, mostly based on looks and ethnicity and apparent wealth(From clothing). It is rather stereotypical and highschoolish but at the same time it is also rational for them to target people like that. Though at this point I won't elaborate further because it is rather awkward to paint this picture further then I already have, but I'm sure you get the point by now!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Iamanonymous says thanks to huzaifa47 for this post.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 02-11-2010 at 07:45 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Basically, if you're not hot, you don't get a flyer.

If it makes you feel better, I consider myself an 11 and I didn't get a flyer.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-11-2010 at 07:58 PM   #5
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times

if anyone's interested in actually going, it's at sizzle (in hess) tonight
basically upon entry, every guy is given a 'sexy chick' card, and girls are supposed to collect as many cards as they can; chick with the most cards at midnight gets a prize. it's a pretty fun little concept.
pretty sure it's a limelight event...i think volv is doing bad romance at rokbar?
Old 02-11-2010 at 08:07 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Yea, my idea of fun is showing my cheech and chong to be glorified by insecure men with small dicks in order to "win a prize." I should definitely go.

jo87, ViktorVaughn like this.
Old 02-11-2010 at 08:17 PM   #7
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

lol which ethnicity?
Old 02-11-2010 at 08:22 PM   #8
Iamanonymous

Well that's kind of lame. I could be wearing crappy clothes or normal clothes during school time but it doesn't mean I am not wealthy. Same vice versa because people could wear clothing that would make them seem wealthy but not actually be one.

And I totally agree about them being selective. They, based on my observation, choose blondies cause what guy doesn't like blondes right? But I saw a few, well, just one brunette but she definitely looks like she is someone who goes to clubs. Well its their lost because they are very selective and not that open to different kinds of people.
But anyways, I am too cool for that stuff anyways. No offense to the people who are going to that event but, the true cool people don't hangout on does kinds of events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
It is an event for Valentines day I think(Or it was today?) that is being run by either Volv Marketing or LimeLight Media both of whom are event planning and marketing companies for various nightclubs. Both of these companies were the ones who organized and sold Frosh Week Wristbands.

But them explicitly setting up a table and soliciting is technically not legal under MUSC laws(As in they haven't paid MUSC to distribute the flyers and talk to people)

It is also true that they are selectively targeting people from my observation of them over 2 weeks(I was at a presidential campaign headquarters the entire day), they mostly target people who they think will go to the event and frequent night clubs on the weekends, mostly based on looks and ethnicity and apparent wealth(From clothing). It is rather stereotypical and highschoolish but at the same time it is also rational for them to target people like that. Though at this point I won't elaborate further because it is rather awkward to paint this picture further then I already have, but I'm sure you get the point by now!
Old 02-11-2010 at 08:27 PM   #9
Iamanonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
lol which ethnicity?
Everything that doesn't have natural blonde women.
Old 02-11-2010 at 08:29 PM   #10
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Forget ethnicity, just pick out the guidos and pick out anything that walks and you've got yourself a club!

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 02-11-2010 at 08:34 PM   #11
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by neila.b View Post
if anyone's interested in actually going, it's at sizzle (in hess) tonight
basically upon entry, every guy is given a 'sexy chick' card, and girls are supposed to collect as many cards as they can; chick with the most cards at midnight gets a prize. it's a pretty fun little concept.
pretty sure it's a limelight event...i think volv is doing bad romance at rokbar?
Ew. So many things wrong with this event.

And actually I noticed that they were targeting better looking people too! It's amazing how much you can see in span of 30 seconds.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 02-11-2010 at 09:19 PM   #12
Iamanonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Forget ethnicity, just pick out the guidos and pick out anything that walks and you've got yourself a club!
If guidos are good looking to this event people, then there is something really wrong. Cause not all are, there are good looking and there are just, well, the opposite. They should get glasses!! No offense to guidos World peace!!
Old 02-11-2010 at 09:20 PM   #13
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Okayokay, forget guidos.

Get anyone who pops their collars and get anything that moves, and you've got yourself a club!

Didn't you know? Those 2 things are what make someone hawt!

Old 02-11-2010 at 09:21 PM   #14
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Hess? Tonight?

I live a block away and I'm bored out of my mind. I should go
Old 02-11-2010 at 09:27 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

BUT WHERE CAN YOU GET a FAKE TAN AT 10:30 AT NIGHT?