MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about summer school and grad school apps bruni Academics 4 05-05-2012 07:05 AM
Night/Summer School? (high school level) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-20-2011 01:12 PM
School and government need to do something about bad living conditions arounds school jacqueda Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 24 05-18-2011 09:34 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM

Law school

Old 05-30-2012 at 10:45 PM   #1
Unregistered

Law school
Why do so many ppl want to go into law school? Some even forget their JD and try to get their LLB from these UK schools which seem expensive and a lengthy process to get back to Canada.

Like maybe if I were to do undergrad again i may of just went straight from highschool into law school, that would def add more value to a company when i want to climb the corporate ladder.
Old 05-30-2012 at 11:03 PM   #2
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

The same reason why a lot of people want to get into other professional schools like med schools and so on. Some people are interested in these programs and really have a passion for them, while others are doing it for the wrong reasons (money). I am not saying thinking about money is a bad idea, it's good to plan for your future, but you shouldn't go into a program because it makes a lot of money and forget what really interests you.

I knew a girl from high school who went to the UK to study law because she said it's very lengthy to become a lawyer here in Canada.