MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mills Learning Commons, what happens there? kldv Computers & Tech 22 12-20-2010 02:38 PM
Mills Learning Commons 24/7 KristaG Academics 10 12-08-2009 07:12 PM
Mills Learning Commons 24/7 for Exams! KristaG Academics 1 03-23-2008 11:42 AM
Mills Learning Commons To Be Open 24/7 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-21-2008 07:47 PM
Mills Learning Commons sarahsweet Academics 23 12-14-2006 05:56 PM

Learning Commons (McLay)

Old 09-14-2011 at 07:53 PM   #1
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 68 Times

Learning Commons (McLay)
Is Mclay learning common open 24/5 (edit: not 24/7 because 24/7 is during exam time I heard) now or just during the exam time? ALso where is this located?? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-2011 at 07:56 PM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

umm.. i know about mills learning commons if thats what your talking about??

if it is than its on the second floor of mills where all those macs are. and its open 24/7 during exam week, rest of the year its open 24/5 ( sunday - thursday) and till 2 am on fridays and saturdays

the infos on the 3rd row of this schedule/chart thing
http://library.mcmaster.ca/hours-info

jeboi7 says thanks to Chevalier for this post.
Old 09-14-2011 at 07:56 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

It's on 2nd floor, you can't miss it- to the right of the elevator. It's 24/5 right now, but 24/7 during exams. http://library.mcmaster.ca/hours-info

jeboi7 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 09-14-2011 at 07:58 PM   #4
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Thanks! So it should be open 24 hours today...meaning I can "stay there overnight"? They should make that area bigger......it was so packed when I went last year during the exam time. Do you know if it is quiet during non-exam period?

How about the student centre? Can you study there by the cafeteria tables? I heard about some people crashing there for the night...
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:00 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
Thanks! So it should be open 24 hours today...meaning I can "stay there overnight"? They should make that area bigger......it was so packed when I went last year during the exam time. Do you know if it is quiet during non-exam period?

How about the student centre? Can you study there by the cafeteria tables? I heard about some people crashing there for the night...
It's relatively quiet, especially now that the term just started! You can study wherever you want in MUSC I believe. Never done it myself though :/

jeboi7 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:01 PM   #6
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
It's relatively quiet, especially now that the term just started! You can study wherever you want in MUSC I believe. Never done it myself though :/
When you think about it, MUSC is more ideal cuz it is so quiet there.....lol. I just hope the security won't wake me up in the middle of the night!
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:02 PM   #7
Chevalier
Elite Member

best place to crash in the student center is either:

2nd floor, where club space is, they have tables there but there are also comfy couches
or
3rd floor, go down the hall, when you get to the 4 way ( on you right is CIBC hall where you pick up osap) on your left youll see a bunch of couches and a coffiee table. really nice and private, no one will disturb you

jeboi7 says thanks to Chevalier for this post.
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:03 PM   #8
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
best place to crash in the student center is either:

2nd floor, where club space is, they have tables there but there are also comfy couches
or
3rd floor, go down the hall, when you get to the 4 way ( on you left is CIBC hall where you pick up osap) on you right youll see a bunch of couches and a coffiee table. really nice and private, no one will disturb you
Awesome. So it is open 24hours for sure Chev?
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:05 PM   #9
Chevalier
Elite Member

yep the doors don't lock, at least i think not, and if the main doors are locked there are about a hundred diff ways to get in
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:07 PM   #10
jeboi7
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
yep the doors don't lock, at least i think not, and if the main doors are locked there are about a hundred diff ways to get in
lol, thanks for the tip.