MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Provost Leaving Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 12-24-2011 10:00 AM
McMaster Wins The Vanier Cup - First In McMaster History Chad MacInsiders Announcements 10 11-26-2011 02:34 AM
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM
Leaving Utensils in the Common Room goodnews.inc Residence & Housing 12 08-14-2010 11:08 PM
Ti-Cats Leaving Hamilton lorend MacInsiders Announcements 9 08-12-2010 12:19 AM

Leaving McMaster

Old 09-13-2012 at 07:52 PM   #1
hamza4000

Liked: 1 Time

Leaving McMaster
Ok so I'm going to be withdrawing from McMaster. I dropped all my courses as they asked and they told me to send in the OSAP change request. I send back the OSAP. I would just have to pay off the money on my student account correct? (textbooks, welcome week). Tomorrow is the last day to drop or add courses and I did it today.
Old 09-13-2012 at 08:34 PM   #2
hamza4000

Also I selected my OSAP option to be deposited in my student account. I called them and they said I need to submit a change request form in order for my osap to go back to the gov. After dropping all the tuition fees will be cleared correct? They told me to write a letter to them regarding leaving and hand in student card and sticker. PLEASE I NEED HELP
Old 09-13-2012 at 08:46 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza4000 View Post
Also I selected my OSAP option to be deposited in my student account. I called them and they said I need to submit a change request form in order for my osap to go back to the gov. After dropping all the tuition fees will be cleared correct? They told me to write a letter to them regarding leaving and hand in student card and sticker. PLEASE I NEED HELP
I'm not sure what exactly you need help with.
If you have questions about any payments or how much money you do/don't owe McMaster, I'd contact student accounts and cashiers. Best to go in person...they are really bad with emails.
Old 09-13-2012 at 08:48 PM   #4
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

May I ask why you leave?
Old 09-13-2012 at 08:51 PM   #5
hamza4000

The program I'm going for is not what I need. I'm going for a different place next term. I just wanted to ask since I dropped my courses, i don't have to pay for them right? Like just send OSAP back to gov which they told me to do and clear my account with textbook and welcome week cost which is in my account for like $400. Just a general question that will they charge me like $2000 to leave or something? In basic words, I don't have to pay for the tuition or anything since I dropped my courses and told them I have withdrawn.

Last edited by hamza4000 : 09-13-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:06 PM   #6
kotton

Liked: 9 Times

The supplementary fees you paid im sure you wont get back.
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:12 PM   #7
hamza4000

Wait how do I check that?
Old 09-13-2012 at 09:12 PM   #8
hamza4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton View Post
The supplementary fees you paid im sure you wont get back.

Wait how do I check that? I didn't pay for anything yet except my books through student account
Old 09-15-2012 at 10:51 AM   #9
ceelyn

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Your tuition covers includes student fees to the university including the HSR fee, MSU fee and a whole bunch of other stuff. I believe the breakdown of your tuition was displayed in your payment agreement. I think you should go directly to student cashiers and find out there since they'll be able to give you more detailed information. Hope this helps!