MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Common Room Kitchens anavc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 09-12-2010 08:53 AM
Ti-Cats Leaving Hamilton lorend MacInsiders Announcements 9 08-12-2010 12:19 AM
Pros and Cons of Each Residence's Common Room Mic Mac Residence & Housing 23 03-27-2010 02:37 AM
Common courtesy DannyV General Discussion 33 08-27-2009 10:14 PM
Off Campus Series Two Part Five: The Common Room lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 2 03-23-2009 07:02 AM

Leaving Utensils in the Common Room

Old 08-12-2010 at 11:18 PM   #1
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Leaving Utensils in the Common Room
I don't see a problem in leaving a frying pan and a pot in the McKay common rooms but if anybody has any tips to the contrary/confirmations, I'd appreciate them
Please & thank you

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-12-2010 at 11:30 PM   #2
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I don't see a problem in leaving a frying pan and a pot in the McKay common rooms but if anybody has any tips to the contrary/confirmations, I'd appreciate them
Please & thank you
Put em in the cupboards! Also, on my floor, someone tied the doors closed on one of the cupboards so no one would take anything, which was a bit over the top (but no one really bothers stuff like that). The thing to be wary of is putting food in the common fridges..food always inevitably goes missing =/.

Also towards the end of the year in McKay last year, the kitchens and common rooms were locked because drunk people trashed the kitchens and common rooms. Not to say that would happen again..but I think if you store your stuff in the actual cupboards you'll be fine.

Also I know someone who labelled their stuff, just so people were aware that it wasn't common property.

goodnews.inc says thanks to etoilex3 for this post.
Old 08-12-2010 at 11:32 PM   #3
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

MCKAYYY! wut !!! i promise not to take anything ;P

Old 08-12-2010 at 11:38 PM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

I'm on the 4th floor; I'm also staff Might make things harder
Yeah, I was thinking I might leave my food in the fridge until WW starts just because there'll only be 12 of us and I already know who's threatened to eat my food.
I succumbed and ordered a Coldex - it's supposed to be delivered on staff move in, but just in case, I'll rely on the CR fridge. A personal fridge isn't feasible because I don't have one and if the policy holds for next year, this one will just rack up energy costs at home

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-12-2010 at 11:42 PM   #5
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking I might leave my food in the fridge until WW starts just because there'll only be 12 of us and I already know who's threatened to eat my food.
I succumbed and ordered a Coldex - it's supposed to be delivered on staff move in, but just in case, I'll rely on the CR fridge. A personal fridge isn't feasible because I don't have one and if the policy holds for next year, this one will just rack up energy costs at home
blehhhh coldex policy =/... i was on fourth last year...you're in for a good year =)

goodnews.inc says thanks to etoilex3 for this post.
Old 08-12-2010 at 11:52 PM   #6
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
lol just to go out of topic for sec but I also ordered on from colex and do you know if the fridge would already be in our room when we move in or do we have to pick it up our self?
Old 08-12-2010 at 11:53 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
lol just to go out of topic for sec but I also ordered on from colex and do you know if the fridge would already be in our room when we move in or do we have to pick it up our self?
It'll be there when you move in.

cjdzl says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-13-2010 at 01:34 AM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
2 weeks? won't it go bad by then?
Old 08-13-2010 at 01:37 AM   #9
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

I do plan to eat it

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-13-2010 at 02:50 AM   #10
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

They tend to stuff the RLS silly during training so you might not need that much food

goodnews.inc says thanks to .:callen:. for this post.

Cristina_n13 likes this.
Old 08-14-2010 at 09:50 PM   #11
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Your room is HUGE. so space wise, i don't think it would be a problem to keep things in your room - which I would recommend. In my first year I left a pan, a bowl, 2 knives and a fork in a common room in Moulton (4th floor- all girls) and my bowl, knife and fork went missing. After that, I wouldn't suggest leaving things in the common room - CA or not. Esp when you document someone that's pissed off at you, they go into the kitchen, see a pan labled with your name and take/throwout/destroy it.

Callen is also completely right. they STUFF you during training. there's so much food, so many choices etc... I wouldn't plan on bringing too much food with you

See you in a week!

goodnews.inc says thanks to Cristina_n13 for this post.

.:callen:. likes this.
Old 08-14-2010 at 10:40 PM   #12
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

last yr on my buildin ppl wud use ur dishes.... not that theres anything completely wrong about that.. but they wouldnt clean them up and there would be dirty plates in the sink for like a week
Old 08-14-2010 at 11:08 PM   #13
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

It's also a bad idea to leave your cutlery in the common room kitchen. I left a couple of mine in the common room (big mistake!) people took them and I never saw them until the school year was about to end. :\

goodnews.inc says thanks to marieeeeeee for this post.