MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tutorial before first lecture.. revenant Academics 6 01-03-2011 12:05 PM
talking in lecture - what do you say? jackiemac Academics 30 09-21-2010 06:46 PM
question about lecture attendance myalani First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-10-2010 04:04 PM
Last lecture applause pocketlint59 Academics 9 01-07-2009 06:24 PM
Physics 1A03 - Friday's Lecture Question! kayleech Academics 2 09-09-2007 11:02 AM

Lecture question

Old 08-20-2011 at 02:19 PM   #1
GB123

Liked: 2 Times

Lecture question
I was wondering, do cores taught by different profs for in the same course generally move at the same pace? Also, is the material taught in the same order? I'm asking because I'm worried I might miss a lecture and have to attend a different one. Or, if I want to study with a friend that's in another core I'm worried one of us might be behind or ahead of the other in terms of material taught.

Last edited by GB123 : 08-20-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2011 at 02:44 PM   #2
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Yeah they teach the same material in the same order, or at least they did in all my classes for science! And you'll only ever be one day behind/ahead of a friend in a different core, let's say your class is on Tuesday you'll have the lecture earlier then someone on Wednesday but it's not much of a difference and you can go to other cores and get the same information but for iclickers you can only answer iclicker questions in your own core! Usually for midterms all material will need to be covered by all cores by a certain time so studying with a friend should be fine!

GB123 says thanks to lt93 for this post.
Old 08-20-2011 at 04:05 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Generally yes. Even if one section is behind/ahead they try to keep it in sync so that all sections have the exact same knowledge before an assignment or a midterm.

GB123 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 08-20-2011 at 09:49 PM   #4
Zimonada

Liked: 34 Times

Just keep tabs through people who are in other cores before you decide to go to them. Even though like they said it's usually only a 1-lecture difference tops, it would suck to plan to go to a lecture that's already ahead of you.

It depends largely on the prof; I had the same physics prof both terms and both terms he finished the material 1 or 2 days ahead of schedule (and the other cores).

GB123 says thanks to Zimonada for this post.