MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Oct 01 : Legend of JOHNNY Chad Daily Game 0 10-01-2011 04:14 AM
Daily game Mar 01 : Legend of the Gold Robot Chad Daily Game 0 03-01-2011 04:18 AM
iPhone or HTC Legend UNLOCKED blackdragon Computers & Tech 29 07-05-2010 05:42 PM

The Legend of Korra

Old 04-01-2012 at 10:00 PM   #1
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

The Legend of Korra
I know it's a bit late, but I haven't seen a thread about it so I thought I'd make one.

Any fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender here? I would hope you're looking forward to The Legend of Korra. If you don't know, it's premiering on Nickelodeon (which I don't have!!11! ) on April 14th with episodes 1 and 2. The wait is killing me!

In case you weren't aware, the first two episodes were released online last weekend by Nickelodeon. Here's a link to the most popular torrent for the release (720p; a re-upload of source file Nick released, meaning, not a rip): http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/71273...e_1_and_2_720p. So that means a 3 week wait for anything new.

ATLA was one of the best series I've ever seen, animated or not, and regardless of age bracket. It was such a solid, mature story, even though it was catered towards a youth audience. It did so many things so extremely well, even compared to non-animated, more "mature" TV series. The entire world, with so rich culture and characters, was something I totally fell in love with. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the life lessons from the show really spoke to me. It changed my life a little, even if it was something as small as slowing down every now and then, having a cup of tea, and clearing your mind.

It's great to see how the writers kept the charm of the series with Korra (man, they do character development so amazingly well!), and the team improved a whole lot with the animation. The 1920's New Orleans/Shanghai vibe is really refreshing and different, and The Track Team really nailed the music.

The 3 week wait for episode 3 is agonizing
___

Also, what is wrong with you Viacom!? The Track Team did such an amazing job with the ATLA soundtrack (oh god dem live strings from the finale!). It really captured the emotions being flung around, especially coming down to the end. Sadly, no official release thanks to Viacom :(.

Last edited by Yogurt : 04-02-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Old 04-01-2012 at 10:14 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

really liked avatar, thanks for letting me know about this series!
Old 04-01-2012 at 10:15 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

im rewaiting till the actual release. the episodes were sorta bad quality and out of sync.

on to the serires itself. the first ep i watched gave me a horrible expression. i grealty disliked the voice actors. Maybe it was to portray the older characters but they just seemed unenthuastic, no emotion, bland. That's the greatest trouble I have so far. As to the plot itself for sure it is rushed since it is only 2 seasons. I just hope the characters become more interesting (toph the cool one, the silly humour brother, etc)
Old 04-01-2012 at 11:15 PM   #4
Yogurt

The upload is 720p and isn't a rip, rather, it's a reupload of the source file (which was only available to US citizens). It's very high quality (even when viewed on a 1080p display). Clocks in at just under 1GB.

And about the voice acting, I agree some of the extras sound a bit generic, but I actually find the main voice actors (specifically Korra, Tenzin...*sigh*...and Meelo) did an incredible job. I was actually shocked at how well done some dialogue scenes were, especially coming from ATLA. It sounds very natural, and really make the characters come alive. They really paid attention to little nuances, like hand gestures, stuff that you don't really notice but makes a world of difference in developing personality and attitude.

Last edited by Yogurt : 04-01-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2012 at 06:31 AM   #5
joannR

Liked: 3 Times

^ Not to mention, the sparring / fight scenes are as dynamic and awesome as ever!
Old 04-02-2012 at 09:06 AM   #6
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

I can't wait for this! I really loved the original series. It was one of the best tv shows I have ever watched!

I don't have Nickelodeon either. I wished they were showing the new series on YTV :(

Btw, is it confirmed that only 2 seasons are planned for sure?
Old 04-02-2012 at 09:25 AM   #7
Yogurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
I can't wait for this! I really loved the original series. It was one of the best tv shows I have ever watched!

I don't have Nickelodeon either. I wished they were showing the new series on YTV :(

Btw, is it confirmed that only 2 seasons are planned for sure?
Yea, 2 seasons planned. First is 12 episodes, and the other is 14, so it's pretty short.
Old 04-02-2012 at 01:54 PM   #8
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

torrent wasn't working for me, but got it off the nick site: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/lege...l-episode.html
Old 04-02-2012 at 02:05 PM   #9
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

oh ur rite about the american release. just dled a combined ep in 720p
Old 06-09-2012 at 07:29 PM   #10
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

has anyone been watching this lately, this is the BEST SHOW EVER
Old 06-09-2012 at 07:59 PM   #11
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

I`ve been watching it, and it`s alright. I preferred the original.
Old 06-09-2012 at 10:18 PM   #12
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

It is cool. I was worried Korra was going to get on my nerves as snarky action girl kinda thing, but she's all right after all.

Mako's cool, though his girlfriend drives me crazy. >:/

It's also very pretty.
Old 06-09-2012 at 11:24 PM   #13
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I LOVED AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER. I got into it pretty recently, couldn't stop watching it. The character development was CRAZY, and I just...loved everything about it.

I've been following Korra online (in fact, I actually have yesterday's episode open on another tab right now). I don't really feel that sudden move into the future thing, and also, the first few episodes? I was heart-broken because Aang and the others had all died. :< So there's that.

But how awesome is pro-bending? And I quite like Korra too!
Old 06-11-2012 at 03:35 PM   #14
MarianaP

Liked: 1 Time

Best show ever!! along with A:TLA
Old 06-11-2012 at 04:19 PM   #15
ricechrispy

Liked: 9 Times

i just finished watching the latest episode (episode 9) and at the end, it said the season finale with korra vs aman was on sat, june 23rd at 11:00? what's the deal with that? aren't we only on book 1: air???

also, anyone have any ideas what the other books might be about?