Les Prince '08 Chad Les Prince Forum 13 08-25-2008 06:16 PM
Les Prince Shreya Les Prince Forum 5 08-03-2008 10:28 PM
Les Prince annci Les Prince Forum 22 07-11-2008 12:24 AM

How is Les Prince?

Old 05-13-2012 at 05:03 PM   #1
naval23

Liked: 33 Times

How is Les Prince?
I couldn't visit all the residences yesterday, but I know my main priority is having a PRIVATE washroom - it doesn't have to be in my room, but as long as it can be private.

Because I know there is at least one residence where you have like no privacy in the washroom, there'll be others showering with you at the same time and I just want some privacy.

Is there any residences like this other than the suites, and les Prince?
Old 05-13-2012 at 05:22 PM   #2
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

hedden and mckay off the top of my head, have single washrooms (you share them with others, but you'll be the only one inside it at a time)

Vessi likes this.
Old 05-13-2012 at 05:25 PM   #3
MacNeuro

Liked: 76 Times

Les prince is one of the newest buildings on campus and is pretty nice. The best would be keyes, but a single w/ washroom at Les Prince would be nice.
Old 05-13-2012 at 09:00 PM   #4
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

Just keep in mind that you have a much higher chance of ending up in a residence that doesn't have private washrooms. I was upset when that happened to me but got used to it ridiculously quickly, it stops being a big deal after the first day. Most of the time I was the only one showering. Basically, don't be discouraged if you don't end up getting what you want.
Old 05-14-2012 at 09:13 AM   #5
lgdynasty

Liked: 24 Times

I heard Les Prince is really nice. Although I have only been to Mary Keyes.(the other nice rez which also has a private washroom that is not in one person's room). Les Prince and Mary Keyes are kinda expensive but its worth it for a good room and your needs. Also, For Mary Keyes, you will have access to place to eat such as bistro, timmies,etc if you need food late a night without having to walk outside. Central(another food area) near Les Prince, requires you to walk a little. In the end, it boils down to your needs XD
Old 06-03-2012 at 11:07 AM   #6
Shankari

Liked: 1 Time

Les Prince is awesome! I lived there in my first year and I think it would be better than Keyes in terms of living there in your first year so you can get to know a whole lot more people cause it is traditional style instead of suite. You get your own washroom or you share with your roomie but it is all convenient since the bathroom is within your own room. The only downside to LP is that it is the furthest building from most of the classes esp if you have class in MDCL, ITB, ABB..etc. 8 30 am labs in ABB was not fun in the worst snow storms back in my first year. However because the building so awesome, it makes up for the walking distance which tech isnt that far cause I could still make it to the other side of campus within 10 minutes. You are close to the gym so that is a plus and commons is right there.

If you are looking for another rez aside from LP or keyes, I would suggest Hedden. It is the 2nd newest traditional style building to be built and it has soooo many washrooms on each floor. You pretty much could share one washroom with three people right beside you. It looks pretty good and it is even closer to commons so that is a plus esp if you want to grab a last min snack before commons close.

Mckay or Bates (apt style) have private washrooms too.

apples12 likes this.
Old 06-04-2012 at 03:29 AM   #7
rkb12

Liked: 33 Times

I loved Les Prince! Each room has its own washroom, you either have your own (single room) or share with one other person (double room). The building itself is new and the heating/air conditioning system was really good. I definitely think it's worth the long walk to class/rest of campus. Food is limited to Centro (which is still good) unless you want to walk more to student centre or Bistro or Bridges. The only other 'bad' thing about LP I can think of is the thin walls - you can hear so much through them! Especially the washrooms, it must be the vents or something, but I frequently heard the girls in the bathroom upstairs (never heard what they said, but muffled voices). So if you're ever having a private conversation make sure to keep the washroom door closed

It's a really nice residence and it's quieter than the rest of them. But that doesn't mean it's cold or antisocial.. people get to know their floor and you share study rooms and common rooms with them. LP is a great choice
Old 06-04-2012 at 07:47 AM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb12 View Post
I loved Les Prince! Each room has its own washroom, you either have your own (single room) or share with one other person (double room). The building itself is new and the heating/air conditioning system was really good. I definitely think it's worth the long walk to class/rest of campus. Food is limited to Centro (which is still good) unless you want to walk more to student centre or Bistro or Bridges. The only other 'bad' thing about LP I can think of is the thin walls - you can hear so much through them! Especially the washrooms, it must be the vents or something, but I frequently heard the girls in the bathroom upstairs (never heard what they said, but muffled voices). So if you're ever having a private conversation make sure to keep the washroom door closed

It's a really nice residence and it's quieter than the rest of them. But that doesn't mean it's cold or antisocial.. people get to know their floor and you share study rooms and common rooms with them. LP is a great choice
I disagree. It varied greatly depending on the floor. I was on 6th floor and melted the entire winter. My window was open 24/7 from Oct 1- end of March, being closed only during winter break and one night when snow was entering my room, and I was still super hot, no matter how cold I set the thermostat.
Old 06-04-2012 at 10:48 AM   #9
yoni

Liked: 88 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I disagree. It varied greatly depending on the floor. I was on 6th floor and melted the entire winter. My window was open 24/7 from Oct 1- end of March, being closed only during winter break and one night when snow was entering my room, and I was still super hot, no matter how cold I set the thermostat.
exact same thing in hedden, it was so hot even when it was -20 outside and my window was open 24/7. downfall of facing the sun / football field I guess. the thermostat there only emitted hot, HOT air at low, medium or high settings.
Old 06-04-2012 at 12:49 PM   #10
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I worked on campus last summer and got to see alot of Les Prince, and it looks nice, very clean, everything is new. But as much as I wanted Les Prince in first year I'm glad I didn't, because I met the majority of people in res by seeing them in the bathroom and brushing my teeth beside them.
The only complaint I would have about sharing a bathroom is if you get sick, then you're kind of getting sick in public

Also I met a few people who said it was harder to meet people in Mary Keyes, because no one left their apartments.

I was really happy with living in Woodstock, all my friends are res friends and I live with 4 girls I met on my floor!