MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Les Prince '09 Chad Les Prince Forum 117 12-08-2009 11:55 PM
Les Prince '08 Chad Les Prince Forum 13 08-25-2008 06:16 PM
Les Prince Shreya Les Prince Forum 5 08-03-2008 10:28 PM
Les Prince annci Les Prince Forum 22 07-11-2008 12:24 AM
Les Prince Hall '07 lorend Les Prince Forum 23 06-03-2008 09:15 AM

Les Prince Hall: What do you think of it?

Old 07-26-2010 at 10:43 AM   #1
ellehcim

Liked: 0 Times

Les Prince Hall: What do you think of it?
HEY
I'm moving into Les Prince Hall this fall,
and was wondering if you guys have any opinions [good or bad] about it?

ps] roomie, if you're out there: Rm. 535!
Old 07-26-2010 at 11:52 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I think most people really enjoy LP because it's fairly new (built in 2007) and you have your own washrooms. I hear the rooms are spacious but I'm not entirely sure, never having been in one myself. The view seems pretty nice, from the pictures I've seen and I find it cool how each floor is colour coordinated. I imagine that one concern with a building like LP is that you might get lonely (like in Keyes or Bates) but given that you have a roommate, I don't think that'll be as much of an issue.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

romanec likes this.
Old 07-26-2010 at 12:04 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I think most people really enjoy LP because it's fairly new (built in 2007) and you have your own washrooms. I hear the rooms are spacious but I'm not entirely sure, never having been in one myself. The view seems pretty nice, from the pictures I've seen and I find it cool how each floor is colour coordinated. I imagine that one concern with a building like LP is that you might get lonely (like in Keyes or Bates) but given that you have a roommate, I don't think that'll be as much of an issue.
If you live in a double, you can rearrange the room in a way that makes it look a lot bigger. Originally the wardrobes are in the middle dividing the room in two which makes it look smaller than it actually is.

Of course, you should get to know your roommate before moving the wardrobes because if you don't get along then you'll want to see as little of them as possible.
Old 07-26-2010 at 12:33 PM   #4
rammramm

Liked: 10 Times

I haven't lived in LP, but I was a residence rep for it last year. There was a great sense of community within Les Prince last year and if you make the effort to make friends and attend programs within your residence you'll have a great time as well. Like someone mentioned earlier, Les Prince is fairly new so it looks physically appealing. Many people I knew wanted Les Prince because of the washrooms in the rooms- which is always convenient. Each floor in the building is a different colour, making a rainbow (I thought that was kind of cool). Simply, what I'm trying to say is, I'm sure you'll love it!

romanec likes this.
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:05 AM   #5
andr5550

Liked: 3 Times

hey....i am not your roommate but i am in room 532 so not to far off.....i am sure i will be seeing you very soon
Old 08-11-2010 at 04:31 AM   #6
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

hey i was in les prince last year.... I loved LP, air conditioned, personal washrooms... The only thing I hated about it was that it was the furthest from the core of the campus...and during winters it can be a pain to walk such a long distance to classes...also come summer the common rooms get super hot! otherwise its a great rez!

romanec likes this.
Old 08-11-2010 at 06:49 AM   #7
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

I lived in LP last year as well and found it to be AMAZING compared to other rezes. In my personal opinion LP and Mary Keyes are the best. Having your own bathroom turns out to be very CONVIENIENT especially at night. LOL
The walk to and from class in the winter wasn't that bad, but that extra 5 minute walk is totally worth having your own bathroom for a whole year
Old 08-11-2010 at 06:56 AM   #8
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraM View Post
but that extra 5 minute walk is totally worth having your own bathroom for a whole year
Agreed!
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:50 PM   #9
ellehcim

Quote:
Originally Posted by andr5550 View Post
hey....i am not your roommate but i am in room 532 so not to far off.....i am sure i will be seeing you very soon
nice! see you soon, neighbour!
Old 08-11-2010 at 12:51 PM   #10
ellehcim

you've all been awesome! thanks for all your help!
I'm getting more and more excited for mac every day!
Old 08-17-2010
Roshaan
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-17-2010 at 08:41 PM   #11
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Does LP have those?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-17-2010 at 09:11 PM   #12
Roshaan

Liked: 1 Time

moving in 4th floor... its gonna be AMAAZING!!!!

Last edited by Roshaan : 08-17-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2010
Roshaan
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-19-2010 at 10:00 AM   #13
lobocv

Its okay. Its new, has a bathroom for each room. Its also far from alot of buildings and kind of a boring place..