Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
When do classes begin this year? LivLucy Academics 2 07-25-2011 04:07 PM
Newbie trying to get in, login, begin! twoodz Academics 11 07-05-2011 06:34 PM
Macinsiders begin? Qadd Computers & Tech 10 08-12-2010 10:42 AM
Classes begin... wintermelon Academics 1 08-29-2008 01:01 AM
SRA ELECTIONS begin Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-04-2008 02:00 PM

Let the migration begin...

MUSS is now officially in the process of being migrated over to Gmail. Hooray!

Thanks to Mike for the pic
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 02-16-2012 at 06:00 PM   #2
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times
I was wondering if all the content currently in the our inboxes will be migrated over as well? Or will the new gmail be started clean? I'm just wondering because if all my emails AREN'T sent over, then I have a lot of forwarding to do ASAP! Thanks!

Old 02-16-2012 at 06:19 PM   #3
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I was wondering if all the content currently in the our inboxes will be migrated over as well? Or will the new gmail be started clean? I'm just wondering because if all my emails AREN'T sent over, then I have a lot of forwarding to do ASAP! Thanks!
It goes over automatically. Only thing reset is settings and forwarding options (such as forwards to gmail or hotmail)

lizziepizzie says thanks to RyanC for this post.

Old 02-16-2012 at 11:56 PM   #4
sinnersdrown

Liked: 89 Times
Can we still forward to other emails on this one too?

Old 02-17-2012 at 12:04 AM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnersdrown View Post
Can we still forward to other emails on this one too?
You're using GMail basically which has forwarding capabilities, so in short, yes.

Old 02-17-2012 at 08:17 AM   #6
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times
umm how do we access it after the migration, the details they gave were wordy and complicated, could someone give me a simplified version lol

Old 02-17-2012 at 08:40 AM   #7
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
umm how do we access it after the migration, the details they gave were wordy and complicated, could someone give me a simplified version lol
studentmail.mcmaster. ca

Old 02-17-2012 at 04:00 PM   #8
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times
how much money did we pay them? QQ

Old 02-17-2012 at 04:24 PM   #9
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times
probably a lot. Every time I try to log in it says invalid email. Anyone have the same problem?

Old 02-17-2012 at 04:38 PM   #10
smac

Liked: 0 Times
Check if you are still able to logon to muss... If so, you haven't been migrated yet and you won't have a gmail account yet... Google limits how fast migrations happen so that they don't get hammered too hard... The full migration will take days...

Old 02-17-2012 at 09:33 PM   #11
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times
I've been migrated over already. Everything is nice, except I can't figure out how to add the new Gmail-hosted account as an IMAP account in Thunderbird... :(

Old 02-17-2012 at 10:06 PM   #12
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
I've been migrated over already. Everything is nice, except I can't figure out how to add the new Gmail-hosted account as an IMAP account in Thunderbird... :(
Assuming everything is the same as the non education version of google apps, you will need to enable IMAP in Mail settings, and use Google's servers. Instructions and server info here: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...l&answer=75726

*I haven't been migrated yet so it may be different, but that is what I have to do with my domain that I have using google apps.

Old 02-17-2012 at 10:42 PM   #13
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times
I'm assuming emails sent specifically to @muss.cis.mcmaster.ca will now bounce back? I better tell some folks to update their address books.

Old 02-17-2012 at 10:52 PM   #14
ionothanus

Re muss.cis.mcmaster.ca emails: I emailed specifically to ask (I've given the long one to a few employers).

"Yes, there will be a grace period of 4 weeks after the
migration during which time muss.cis.mcmaster.ca will still work."

Old 02-18-2012 at 02:47 AM   #15
fffw

so wil;l our email address still essentially be the same but new .whatever it is say right now my e-mail was [email protected] .ca what will it be after migration?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search