MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Commerce 1E03 Group Report Sample Project? andrewjdg Academics 17 02-11-2011 06:59 PM
How to deal with horrible group members on a project? Alchemist11 Academics 42 11-06-2010 02:54 PM
Horror Movies! blackdragon General Discussion 31 08-31-2009 07:47 PM

Let's hear your group project horror stories.

Old 11-28-2011 at 03:44 PM   #16
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Group work?

That's why you join physics. Screw group work!

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 11-28-2011 at 03:53 PM   #17
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
If I were you I would do the same thing and go on by myself, but…
… contact the instructor and tell him/her what happened and I am sure they will understand and mark you fairly...don’t forget to explain how it’s the week before exams and you have A LOT of other stuff going on.
All the best
I did plan on doing that, but I'll be having a lot of classes with these people in the future and I can see them getting very catty. The prof might say something to them and it's just going to be a mess.
If this was in a huge, 500-student class and I'd never come across these people again, I'd do it in an instant. But it's just not worth the hassle. :(

There will be group member evaluations, so I will mention something on there, but probably not "I did the entire project".
Old 11-28-2011 at 04:08 PM   #18
3am Coffee

Liked: 157 Times

Lets hear a bunch of people whine about things they wont say in person

Afzal, ZSimon like this.
Old 11-28-2011 at 04:33 PM   #19
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3am Coffee View Post
You are a moron.

Old 11-28-2011 at 04:58 PM   #20
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
It takes many years to adopt humble arrogance.
Old 11-28-2011 at 05:14 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Eh. I've been on the complaining end for 3 years... unfortunately, I'm the horrible group member this year. Late for every meeting, missed meetings, etc.

On the other hand, when you tell me to complete my part of a group assignment 20 days in advance and if it's not done you'll kick me out of the group no questions asked and I tell you two seconds after that I can get it done 2 days after your original proposal and you say no (with 18 days left to complete the final write up), then quite frankly, it's your own ****ing fault when my part isn't done.

But otherwise, yes, I'm the shitty group member. But at least it made me realize that yes, sometimes people do have legit excuses and aren't just lazy arseholes. Sometimes.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 11-28-2011 at 05:16 PM   #22
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
What part of "internet forum" does not compute?

Old 11-28-2011 at 05:26 PM   #23
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Kind of like what you're doing?

I've tried talking to group members who don't do their work, it has never worked for me. It usually causes more problems than it fixes.
Old 11-28-2011 at 05:34 PM   #24
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

The group project I'm in right now is ****ing ridiculous.
Alright, so there's this one hot chick in our group. Let's talk about her first. Probably an 8/10. Slim with redhair. That's her one and only saving grace. She's your standard, self-absorbed narcissistic suburban bimbo who puts her needs and wants above everyone but herself. She's dumber than Donald Duck's dick and is subsequently totally useless.
The other chick is the polar opposite. She's a ****ing genius but a total 1/10. She's got a BO that makes my dick invert. Changes the ****ing M on my driver's license into an F. On the real. I guess shes not compared to the last dude.
Here's the ****ing big purple dragon ***** that's really ****ing me up for this project. This ****ing stoner. Now, I have nothing against marijuana and I do partake like every other *****h but shit this guy takes it to the next ****ing level. I've seen him baked before class, after class, and ****, I wouldn't be surprised if this guys got a handheld vaporizer so he can toke up during class. He probably hasn't been sober in the past 10 years, and he's 21. This guy is uncouth. It's like he wears clothes from the 1960s, and **** if they've ever been cleaned since then. To make matters worse, every time we have a group meeting this guy has got to bring his ****ing giant ass dog. Every ****ing time. I have to stare at this Great Dane trolling around being stoned from all the second-hand smoke. These two always got the munchies. Every time we pass by a Burger King or Tally Hos or some shit these guys have got to make a stop. It's like that ****ing dog knows, he won't stop howling until we're in. And we ain't talking about your standard 3-wolf-moon howling. His howling sounds like he's talking. It's creepy as ****.
Anyway, our project is to go around in a van and solve mysteries and shit.

Last edited by Freija : 11-28-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Old 11-28-2011 at 05:46 PM   #25
manap3001
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
Alright, so there's this one hot chick in our group. Let's talk about her first. Probably an 8/10. Slim with redhair. That's her one and only saving grace. She's your standard, self-absorbed narcissistic suburban bimbo who puts her needs and wants above everyone but herself. She's dumber than Donald Duck's dick and is subsequently totally useless.
The other chick is the polar opposite. She's a ****ing genius but a total 1/10. She's got a BO that makes my dick invert. Changes the ****ing M on my driver's license into an F. On the real. I guess shes not compared to the last dude.
Here's the ****ing big purple dragon ***** that's really ****ing me up for this project. This ****ing stoner. Now, I have nothing against marijuana and I do partake like every other *****h but shit this guy takes it to the next ****ing level. I've seen him baked before class, after class, and ****, I wouldn't be surprised if this guys got a handheld vaporizer so he can toke up during class. He probably hasn't been sober in the past 10 years, and he's 21. This guy is uncouth. It's like he wears clothes from the 1960s, and **** if they've ever been cleaned since then. To make matters worse, every time we have a group meeting this guy has got to bring his ****ing giant ass dog. Every ****ing time. I have to stare at this Great Dane trolling around being stoned from all the second-hand smoke. These two always got the munchies. Every time we pass by a Burger King or Tally Hos or some shit these guys have got to make a stop. It's like that ****ing dog knows, he won't stop howling until we're in. And we ain't talking about your standard 3-wolf-moon howling. His howling sounds like he's talking. It's creepy as ****.
LMFAO

<12 chars>
Old 11-28-2011 at 06:49 PM   #26
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
lololololololol... pretty sad I didn't get it until the end.
Old 11-28-2011 at 08:09 PM   #27
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
What course is this for?

Entropy likes this.
Old 11-28-2011 at 08:32 PM   #28
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
What course is this for?
hope not srs

Afzal likes this.
Old 11-28-2011 at 09:15 PM   #29
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

I had a project with one other person for a multimedia course. We had to design a website about an artist with legit research, whatever. Because we both lived off campus and not near each other at all, it was easiest to simply split the work into research and website. It worked well because English wasn't her first language and she was a whiz with software. We had 6 weeks to do it. At the 3 week point I asked if we could meet somewhere, that I'd meet her wherever she wanted or the library on campus. "It's under control." At 2 weeks, we had a mandatory mtg with prof who told me I'd done too much research (which I knew but I'd rather have to cut and edit than add more) but the technical issues were long and drawn out. After that I kept asking to meet, she couldn't do it. Too busy. That semester I had Monday night and Tuesday night classes. This class was Tuesday. On the Monday before the Tuesdsay it was due, I got out of class at 10 to 13 voice mails of increasing urgency that she needed me NOW and I had to go THERE and FIX it all with her. Needless to say I sent her a text and told her that was impossible and I was going home to bed.

I got an A, she got a C and I didn't even broil her on the "partner evaluation form." Sometimes profs get it right but it was a stressful project.

Amaryll likes this.
Old 11-28-2011 at 10:01 PM   #30
escape

Liked: 38 Times

LOL at referencing Wiki. lol