MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level 1 vs. Level 2 courses in SPRING/SUMMER term maki Academics 6 03-21-2011 11:55 AM
admissions email mfattal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 01-14-2011 10:48 AM
Second Year Admissions Fawkes Academics 2 05-21-2010 07:34 PM
Nursing Admissions Jellybeanz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-02-2010 09:17 PM
2nd year admissions jeff_arato Academics 1 05-30-2009 12:41 PM

Level I Humanities Admissions?

Old 05-30-2011 at 09:25 PM   #1
Mepper

Liked: 71 Times

Level I Humanities Admissions?
Hi, I have a friend who applied to Mac for Humanities I; he wants to know if anyone else has gotten accepted yet?

That's all, thanks
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:35 PM   #2
Buddastotle

Liked: 5 Times

yeah got accepted way back, that was my backup(philosophy), however, i accepted my science offer instead

Mepper says thanks to Buddastotle for this post.
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:39 PM   #3
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddastotle View Post
yeah got accepted way back, that was my backup(philosophy), however, i accepted my science offer instead
If you get the chance, take philosophy as an elective. It's awesome!

oranges likes this.
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:42 PM   #4
MacStudent1

Liked: 1 Time

Isn't the last day to accept acceptance June 2nd? If he has gotten in now, I think he didn't get in.
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:45 PM   #5
Buddastotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
If you get the chance, take philosophy as an elective. It's awesome!
oh ya forsure, i absolutely love philosophy, if i don't get into my first choice program for second year next year, i will mostly like go into the biology&philosophy double major program, only thing is i wish i could get a BA and BSC instead of just a BA
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:47 PM   #6
Mepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacStudent1 View Post
Isn't the last day to accept acceptance June 2nd? If he has gotten in now, I think he didn't get in.
Yeah.... he got an email saying today is the last day that he can receive an offer....no offer yet :/
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:47 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepper View Post
Hi, I have a friend who applied to Mac for Humanities I; he wants to know if anyone else has gotten accepted yet?

That's all, thanks
Offers are given out in April/early May! The deadline to accept the offer is this week, so offers went out a long time ago
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:50 PM   #8
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
oh ya forsure, i absolutely love philosophy, if i don't get into my first choice program for second year next year, i will mostly like go into the biology&philosophy double major program, only thing is i wish i could get a BA and BSC instead of just a BA
If you get the chance, try and take philosophy law and society. I took it this year, lots of touchy subjects, but it was probably the best class I had this term.
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:57 PM   #9
Buddastotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
If you get the chance, try and take philosophy law and society. I took it this year, lots of touchy subjects, but it was probably the best class I had this term.
yeah, i was told that philosophical texts was good aswell, i gotta take 2philosophy courses to major in it right?
Old 05-30-2011 at 09:57 PM   #10
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Quote:
yeah, i was told that philosophical texts was good aswell, i gotta take 2philosophy courses to major in it right?
I think that's right, but you should double check the Faculty of Humanities website just in case.
Old 05-30-2011 at 10:00 PM   #11
Mepper

Quote:
Philosophical Texts is good; it's a pretty easy course, but you can get a lot out of it if you're genuinely interested in what you're learning. Prepare to get your mind blown by Spinoza....
Old 05-31-2011 at 10:29 AM   #12
oranges

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
That's actually the program I'm in right now. But yeah I definitely agree with you about wishing it wasn't just a BA. I might just end up switching to biology and minoring in philosophy if it comes to that. But I really enjoy both, so I'm kind of torn.

And yeah, you need two courses to major in philosophy (or philosophy and biology). For philosophy and biology, you also need a math course and at least grade 12 biology, both of which you'd be taking anyway if you're in life sci.