Easy Courses Dgot11 General Discussion 10 08-11-2009 10:44 AM
Easy courses abounac Academics 15 03-31-2009 07:12 PM

Life sci 2 courses-- too easy?

Old 06-09-2013 at 10:19 PM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

Life sci 2 courses-- too easy?
Hi. so far, this is what I chose to be my courses for H.life Sci 2nd yr:

Bio 2F03, Life sci 2A03, 2H03, 2N03, Bio 2D03, Psych 1x03, 1xx3, stats 2B03 and 2 electives.

I am willing to replace some of these courses with more challenging ones as I think these are a bit easy (although an easy course is very subject and I don't know if they will be easy for me, but apparently they are not hard 2 digit courses according to some search I've done). I chose relatively easy courses for now as I really don't know which courses I am interested in, so I like to have some advices .
I enjoyed Bio 1M03 even though the tests were a bit annoying but I enjoyed the maternal taught. Math 1LT3 was enjoyable too, mainly because clements was the prof. I loved her.
I disliked both 1st year Kin courses due to heavy weight on the Exam and lots + lots of memorization.
P.S. I am taking org chem I & II during the summer

please feel free to suggest me any good courses you enjoyed. Thanks!

starfish likes this.
Old 06-09-2013 at 11:17 PM   #2
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I found psych 2tt3 to be an interesting course that could be used as a course list requirement. There was one midterm, two assignments, plus the exam. I think your courses right now would give you a relatively light workload, but probably not 'too' easy . Why wouldn't you want that, anyway ?
Old 06-09-2013 at 11:47 PM   #3
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I found psych 2tt3 to be an interesting course that could be used as a course list requirement. There was one midterm, two assignments, plus the exam. I think your courses right now would give you a relatively light workload, but probably not 'too' easy . Why wouldn't you want that, anyway ?
True. But I am more willing to take courses I will actually be interested in. I figured even the bird courses are not birdy anymore once you lose your interest. I was always interested in Biology(although lost some interest compared to back in highschool. Maybe because the profs weren't good enough to replace my high school Bio teacher). I see that you are in Biology, was there any Biology courses you enjoyed? Thanks for the comment!

Last edited by banana93 : 06-10-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-10-2013 at 10:39 AM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana93 View Post
True. But I am more willing to take courses I will actually be interested in. I figured even the bird courses are not birdy anymore once you lose your interest. I was always interested in Biology(although lost some interest compared to back in highschool. Maybe because the profs weren't good enough to replace my high school Bio teacher). I see that you are in Biology, was there any Biology courses you enjoyed? Thanks for the comment!
You have no idea how happy your comment makes me

If you enjoy biochem, you might like 2B03+2BB3, but I'm not sure if they're open to lifesci students. I haven't taken 3G03+2EE3 so I can't comment on those.
Old 06-10-2013 at 11:17 AM   #5
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana93 View Post
I probably shouldn't say this, but I haven't really "enjoyed" any of the bio courses except maybe bio 3aa3 :'(. High school was definitely better (for every subject) . Yeah you're right, though. If it's not interesting to you, any course would be hard to study for.
Old 06-10-2013 at 02:50 PM   #6
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
You have no idea how happy your comment makes me

If you enjoy biochem, you might like 2B03+2BB3, but I'm not sure if they're open to lifesci students. I haven't taken 3G03+2EE3 so I can't comment on those.
Glad to hear that. But Biochem 2B03 is not open to H.Life sci unfortunately. Thanks for the advice!
Old 06-10-2013 at 02:53 PM   #7
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I probably shouldn't say this, but I haven't really "enjoyed" any of the bio courses except maybe bio 3aa3 :'(. High school was definitely better (for every subject) . Yeah you're right, though. If it's not interesting to you, any course would be hard to study for.
This is why I ended up choosing H.Life Sci. I was afraid I might end up not liking any of the mandatory Biology courses. Especially because I loved Biology and It was my bio teacher who motivated me to go into Science field. Thanks for the honest opinion!