MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Life Science Lilly_Allen Introduce Yourself 3 07-27-2012 07:24 PM
Life Science First Year ChrisKam First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-27-2012 01:20 PM
4th Year Help Life Science lisar Academics 0 05-01-2012 08:32 PM
First year Life Science luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-12-2010 12:55 AM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

life science 2nd year and MCAT

Old 05-02-2013 at 02:06 PM   #1
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

life science 2nd year and MCAT
Anyone in life science 2nd year and above, can you tell me how the program is in terms of preparing for MCAT? On the school website for H.life science says "Registration in the Honours Life Sciences program does not guarantee access to all courses. Some courses have program restrictions and students are responsible to read course prerequisites carefully." would this become a problem to enroll in courses that would be good to take for students looking for MCAT or med school?
Old 05-02-2013 at 02:32 PM   #2
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

I'm sure that you can do well on the MCAT simply by studying for it, and which stream you decide to enter would not have too much effect.

banana93 says thanks to Angoose for this post.
Old 05-02-2013 at 04:31 PM   #3
merwinn

Liked: 0 Times

I'm preparing for the MCAT right now, and I'm surprised by how much of the material I covered in high school. Don't fret about the MCAT while choosing courses, its not worth it. When it comes time to study, you'll go over it all again anyways
Old 05-02-2013 at 04:57 PM   #4
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

If you're feeling a little nervous about it, maybe you should consider taking an MCAT prep course. I've heard mixed opinions about their usefulness, but if you have some spare money...!
Old 05-02-2013 at 08:40 PM   #5
jubilantx

Liked: 1 Time

hey banana93, if you need MCAT prep books let me know! I have complete sets available

email me at [email protected] if you are interested~~
Old 05-02-2013 at 09:37 PM   #6
banana93

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilantx View Post
hey banana93, if you need MCAT prep books let me know! I have complete sets available

email me at [email protected] if you are interested~~
i'll be writing MCAT after my second year but i guess ill need the books in the long run eventually.. ill email you soon. thanks for letting me know!