MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Science level II sbarbs Academics 0 08-24-2014 10:29 AM
Easy Third or Fourth Courses from Honours Life Science Course List Swampis Academics 1 06-10-2013 02:54 PM
Life Science Level II faulkner16 Academics 8 06-13-2011 07:27 PM
Life science Level 2 Birdsaredead First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-24-2010 11:44 PM
EASY COURSE in the Life Science list ishk33 Academics 12 08-16-2009 07:44 PM

Life Science Course List (level 3 + 4)

Old 12-16-2014 at 11:36 PM   #1
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Life Science Course List (level 3 + 4)
Hey guys,

I have to pick 3 more Life Science courses in the course list, I've already taken Psych 3BA3, Psych 3CC3, Life Science 3A03, Life Science 3M03.

Any suggestions on courses you enjoyed or that were easy (subjective, I know).

The course list consists of any third or fourth year course in Biology, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, Life Science, Molecular Biology, and Psychology.

I was thinking about Geography 3RW3, Life Sci 3J03, Bio 3UU3, and maybe Life Sci 4A03...any opinions on these courses? Thanks!
Any opinions of these courses: Biochem 4N03 (Nutrition and Metabolism) and Biochem 3H03 (Clinical Biochemistry)

Last edited by bradyr : 12-16-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2014 at 05:26 PM   #2
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Geo 3RW3 is an easy 12 if Basik is teaching and I just took Bio 3U03, it was a good course overall. Take a look at Bio 3SS3, I took it last year and it was pretty easy overall. Life Sci 3D03 is another good course to take, it is really easy in terms of the marking scheme and was a good change from the rest of my courses that year. My friends took Bio 3ff3 and have took me good things about it, so that might be a possibility for you as well.

bradyr says thanks to Swampis for this post.

bradyr likes this.
Old 12-17-2014 at 05:42 PM   #3
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampis View Post
Geo 3RW3 is an easy 12 if Basik is teaching and I just took Bio 3U03, it was a good course overall. Take a look at Bio 3SS3, I took it last year and it was pretty easy overall. Life Sci 3D03 is another good course to take, it is really easy in terms of the marking scheme and was a good change from the rest of my courses that year. My friends took Bio 3ff3 and have took me good things about it, so that might be a possibility for you as well.
Thank you, can you give me more info about Bio 3SS3 and Life Sci 3D03? I heard Bio 3SS3 has a lot of math, and the test questions are very random, does he give you sample questions that prepare you for the test or is the test more application based?

And I heard Life Sci 3D03 was very bias in marking, and is it hard to get an 11 in it?
Old 12-17-2014 at 07:42 PM   #4
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
Thank you, can you give me more info about Bio 3SS3 and Life Sci 3D03? I heard Bio 3SS3 has a lot of math, and the test questions are very random, does he give you sample questions that prepare you for the test or is the test more application based?

And I heard Life Sci 3D03 was very bias in marking, and is it hard to get an 11 in it?
Bio 3SS3, did have a lot math questions but the questions were easy anyway. Also, they did have a lot of questions based on graphs and such. They did post sample midterms and exam which were very similar to the midterm/exam Thus, if you can do a certain type of math question you will fine for the midterms, same process of solving the questions. Also, I think it was the assignments for Bio 3ss3 that had harder math questions but if you do the assignments with friends/classmates you will be fine.

Ya, for Life Sci 3D03, it really do depend on the TA you get as most of your marks are from the weekly presentations, the group project, summary and participation. Luckily, I had a chill TA and he was a fair marker. I wouldn't say it is hard to get an 11 in the course, but it is hard to get a 12 in the course IMO. The midterms were easy though and no exam so that's a bonus! But, I really recommend this class, it was a good change for me at least. Basically, you are a given a USB (have to buy for 5 bucks) with all the material for the class and you have a weekly quiz on the week's material. You also have to give a presentation on a sub-topic for the weekly material with a group of about 4 other people. Luckily, though there is a group leader each week so basically you don't have do any work for the presentation if your not the leader that week. You have do creative presentations though, no powerpoint. Also, after a group presents you have to participate and contribute to the discussion, so basically raise your hand at contribute like 3 points and your good. In addition, you have to a 300 character summary of your material after the tutorial. I think that covers everything for that class. Also, there is no lectures just one 3 hour tutorial that usually finishes half a hour early!
Old 12-17-2014 at 09:58 PM   #5
AnimeGamer31

Liked: 27 Times

I would recommend Psych 3AB3. I just took it this term and it is fairly reasonable, but it has a prereq of Psych 2AA3 or Pysch 3GG3. I think if you enjoyed personality and positive psych, you will likely enjoy this course.

Also, check out Origins 3F03 and 3D03. Both are quite interesting, not sure about easiness but may be up your alley. Both are offered next term.

Another interesting course is Life Sci 3D03: I heard it's mainly presentations and if you can gather friends to all join the same tutorial, you have a great chance of doing well. Presentations aren't for everyone but throwing it out there in case its one of your strengths. If you do not have the pre-req but have a general interest, I suggest contacting the Dr. Chow-Fraser to see if she can give you a waiver to enrol.