MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Anyone Know Anything About Level 3 Life Science Courses????? George L Academics 1 04-30-2011 09:18 PM
Life Science Level II Term2 Help?! nick947 Academics 5 06-16-2010 09:09 PM
Life science Level 2 Birdsaredead First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-24-2010 11:44 PM
honours life science level II program... sparks- First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-08-2010 09:28 AM
LIFE SCIENCE Level II REQUIREMENTS qadisami Academics 12 07-18-2009 01:48 AM

Life Science Level II

Old 06-13-2011 at 01:07 PM   #1
faulkner16

Liked: 1 Time

Life Science Level II
Hey I just sorted out my courses, and wanted some feedback on difficulty/personal experience

any help is appreciated:

Life Science 2A03, 2D03, 2H03
Biology 2B03, 2EE3
Psych 2NF3, 2AP3, 2H03
Enviro Sci 2B03
Chem 2E03
Old 06-13-2011 at 01:36 PM   #2
Dopematic

Liked: 28 Times

If you're planning on taking Chem 2OA3 (Orgo) in the future, I'd suggest you take it now instead of Chem 2E03. I was also planning on taking 2E03 but then I realized that if I took 2OA3 later, I'd have to forfeit my 2E03 credit for the 2OA3 credit. So basically it would be like I never even took Chem 2E03, which sucks.

faulkner16 says thanks to Dopematic for this post.
Old 06-13-2011 at 01:53 PM   #3
faulkner16

thanks, at this point i dont plan on taking it which is why i picked E03 as i heard its the easier of the two, and chemistry is not exactly my strong point
Old 06-13-2011 at 02:59 PM   #4
nadia1

Liked: 3 Times

Life sci 2d03 was the best night class i had with dr. beston hands down! the workload was minimal and the midterms were pretty straight forward if you made good notes in class and read the assigned text! I had bernier for life sci 2h03, it was kind of dry at times, but there was minimal workload, there were just online "quizzes" every week. I was not really into enviro, so sometimes it was hard to memorize all the course material and understand it. Though everyone did pretty well! Loved Bio 2b03 with Dr. Dej, just make sure you really understand the course material, her notes really well and you should do well!
I took both psych 2ap3 and 2h03. I really like abnormal, the material was really interesting, there was alot of reading and memorizing of stats but very interesting and dr. day is a great prof, and if you miss a class, he puts up online recordings. Cognition was also very interesting, but i didnt enjoy the class partly due to the class being a really long night class, but the textbook for that class is a really good resource, we had 4 midterms and an exam, where the fourth midterm was with the exam, they could be tricky at times, but the material was very interesting!

DMe3, faulkner16, lt93 all say thanks to nadia1 for this post.

DMe3, lt93 like this.
Old 06-13-2011 at 03:09 PM   #5
nadia1

Liked: 3 Times

what i meant by really long night class was that there was alot of material to cover, so it was hard to keep attentive the whole time! I personally think, every psych has a good share of long readings, so pick the ones you are interested in

faulkner16 says thanks to nadia1 for this post.
Old 06-13-2011 at 03:28 PM   #6
Athena

Liked: 0 Times

Hey Cody,
Definitely check out the Course Reviews section of MacInsiders since there are full breakdowns of what to expect for each course. Heres a brief summary of my experiences:

Life Sci 2A03 - easy, but the course was very disorganized this year. The course is setup with a series of mini-quizzes and essays but I'm not sure how it will be done this year.

Life Sci 2H03 - Haven't taken it but I heard it was very easy, basically filling in the blanks in lecture

Biology 2B03 - If you have Dr. Dej the course isn't bad, you do have to put in work and effort, but memorizing the fundamental concepts and slides will land you a pretty good grade

Bio 2EE3 - I don't remember who taught this course when I took it, but I found it very disorganized and I didn't enjoy it. Many of my friends who took it a year later said it was very easy and that he basically used the same questions word for word on his midterms, although this was not the case when I took it.

Psych 2AP3 - not sure, I took abnormal psych when it was a third year course. (didnt take the other two)

Didn't take that enviro sci,

Chem 2E03 - again I took it a while ago and its orgo chem so its never really a good course lol. I found that the labs actually helped to bring my mark up, but thats just me.

faulkner16 says thanks to Athena for this post.
Old 06-13-2011 at 05:37 PM   #7
faulkner16

thanks, this is all really helpful!
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:19 PM   #8
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Definitely check out the course outlines here:http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...152.html?f=152
as well as the course reviews here: http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisp...s-98.html?f=98
Old 06-13-2011 at 07:27 PM   #9
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

no genetics?

If you are planning on doing a minor in psychology, might I suggest 2C03 (social psychology)? Really interesting (and easy) course that also opens up a few great third year courses in psych. Check it out.