MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Science Level II Term2 Help?! nick947 Academics 5 06-16-2010 09:09 PM
Can anyone give me a review of these Life Science Level 2 Courses? Rakim Academics 7 06-06-2010 08:20 PM
Life science Level 2 Birdsaredead First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-24-2010 11:44 PM
honours life science level II program... sparks- First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-08-2010 09:28 AM
Life Science Graduating Requirements jimimusic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-09-2009 06:56 PM

LIFE SCIENCE Level II REQUIREMENTS

Old 06-23-2009 at 12:18 PM   #1
qadisami

Liked: 0 Times

LIFE SCIENCE Level II REQUIREMENTS
Hi,
I will be a second year Honours Life Science student in September. I have a question regarding the program requirements for level II-IV. On the 2009/2010 course calender, under the Life Science Program there are two categories.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO ENTER IN SEPTEMBER 2009
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS WHO ENTER IN SEPTEMBER prior to 2009

In regards to entry does it mean to the program or university????
Old 06-23-2009 at 12:20 PM   #2
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

It means the time you enter the program.
Old 06-23-2009 at 02:16 PM   #3
jangh2

where did u get the undergraduate calendar? :$
Old 06-23-2009 at 02:21 PM   #4
qadisami

I got it from this site:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...lications.html
Old 06-23-2009
nh999
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-09-2009 at 02:23 PM   #5
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangh2 View Post
where did u get the undergraduate calendar? :$
If you're in first year you get it from the START session. I think it can also be mailed to you if you email them [email protected]
Old 07-09-2009 at 03:13 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...ent/index.html

That's the online version of the undergraduate calendar. Bookmark it as it will probably be updated every year.
Old 07-16-2009 at 09:33 AM   #7
crys.eg

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcinside View Post
If you're in first year you get it from the START session. I think it can also be mailed to you if you email them [email protected]
I never went to a START session... but I would like one
and you say they can be mailed to you?
would you be able to pick one up on welcome day?
Old 07-16-2009 at 09:35 AM   #8
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

It's possible to get a hard copy of the undergraduate calendar; I believe they have them in Titles.

It's not really necessary though. As far as I know, unless you find a way to get a copy for free, they generally cost $5. I just use the online version, and this year they really improved the online version and it's easier to use than ever.
Old 07-16-2009 at 01:08 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntobr View Post
It's possible to get a hard copy of the undergraduate calendar; I believe they have them in Titles.

It's not really necessary though. As far as I know, unless you find a way to get a copy for free, they generally cost $5. I just use the online version, and this year they really improved the online version and it's easier to use than ever.
I agree, just use the online version. If you insist on having a hard copy, they also have the pdf version of every page: (http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN.../pg2033.html#). You can just print them all if you want to. But I highly suggest just using the online version, it's very easy to navigate.
Old 07-18-2009 at 12:35 AM   #10
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crys.eg View Post

Hmmm.. I don't know..I guess so, but I honestly have no idea.
Did you email the science office? Probably ask them and they'll tell you.
Old 07-18-2009 at 01:04 AM   #11
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

From what i was told, hard copies are only available through titles but like everyone else said, the online version is really easy to use and less costly.

crys.eg says thanks to moops for this post.
Old 07-18-2009 at 01:11 AM   #12
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crys.eg View Post
Titles carries the hard copy of the undergraduate calendar. It's available for $8 flat (went up from $5 last year) or if you want it mailed to you it's $12 flat (within Canada).

We've been told that they're trying to phase out the hard copies so people can get used to the online copy, but there is still a high demand for it. I guess it's easier for people to flip through the hard copy.

You can definitely buy one on Welcome Day. Just visit the bookstore and approach a cashier.

Edit:
It's also important to note that new students are lucky because they really updated the online undergraduate calendar this year and it's MUCH easier to use than in past years.
Old 07-18-2009 at 01:48 AM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
Edit:
It's also important to note that new students are lucky because they really updated the online undergraduate calendar this year and it's MUCH easier to use than in past years.
I know!!! It's soooooooo nice. It's like a billion times better than the older version.