MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Village Suites - don't live here JackBauer133 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 8 05-12-2010 10:56 PM
West Village Suites... mh519 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 20 08-11-2009 07:43 PM

Living in West Village Suites 2011/2012

Old 01-10-2011 at 09:20 PM   #1
Ish001

Liked: 26 Times

Living in West Village Suites 2011/2012
Hey guys
I'm thinking about leasing a room there for next year. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the management or generally, were there any major issues you had to deal with?
It is a bit expensive but safe?
And what is the likelihood of getting an 8 month lease anywhere? Or of someone subletting your place for 3/4 months(during the summer)?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011 at 10:32 PM   #2
katdawg14

Liked: 0 Times

Hey!
I dropped an application off in December to get a lease in September 2011. I applied for an 8 month lease because I knew it would be next to impossible to find someone to sublet during the summer months (there is not a high demand for summer sublets, and the students that do need somewhere to stay in the summer will find somewhere closer and less expensive than West Village).
I know a few people that are living there now and they love it!
When I dropped off my application I spoke directly to the manager, and she is incredibly nice.
I don't think there are really any problems. It is expensive, but I think it's worth it! I am really looking forward to living there next year
Old 01-21-2011 at 04:46 PM   #3
lorii

Liked: 8 Times

I went there today on their 'tour' and was really impressed with their 5 person suite! It's very spacious and the management is very friendly. It is a little expensive, but I'm considering it. It's close to everything and the bus stop is right there for freezing days like today haha. 8month leases are next to impossible, sadly. :(
Old 03-22-2011 at 09:53 PM   #4
M.Intalex

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I've lived in WVS for 3 years. The building is nice, but the management are a bunch of retarded idiots who haven't a clue of how to run their business. The management is rude, condescending, and do not address problems appropriately.

The internet was recently down for more than 2 weeks with little explanation to why. I had to go to school to check my email - ridiculous isn't it? Now that the internet is "fixed", there is a 10GB/month cap on each suite. The internet is slow, and not more than 2 computers can use it at once. It took me 6 minutes to access this thread.

I am SO happy I am moving out this year. I can't stand this place anymore. Yes - it is a great building. I have a huge room, and my suite is really clean and whatnot. But this internet thing? Absolutely absurd. How can a building full of at least 500 STUDENTS have sporadic internet access?

My advice - stay as far away from this place as possible.

Dopematic says thanks to M.Intalex for this post.
Old 03-23-2011 at 12:22 AM   #5
Ish001

Hey
I ended up living in Dundurn Housing which is owned by the same company, a bit cheaper than West Villages but at last, a very short (~4 mins) bus ride or a decent(~30min) walk away. In case anyone else loved WVS but thought it was too expensive.
-Ish
Old 03-23-2011 at 01:30 AM   #6
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Intalex View Post
I've lived in WVS for 3 years. The building is nice, but the management are a bunch of retarded idiots who haven't a clue of how to run their business. The management is rude, condescending, and do not address problems appropriately.

The internet was recently down for more than 2 weeks with little explanation to why. I had to go to school to check my email - ridiculous isn't it? Now that the internet is "fixed", there is a 10GB/month cap on each suite. The internet is slow, and not more than 2 computers can use it at once. It took me 6 minutes to access this thread.

I am SO happy I am moving out this year. I can't stand this place anymore. Yes - it is a great building. I have a huge room, and my suite is really clean and whatnot. But this internet thing? Absolutely absurd. How can a building full of at least 500 STUDENTS have sporadic internet access?

My advice - stay as far away from this place as possible.
I just signed the lease with this place and now I'm terrified. I rely on internet so much and am a huge gamer/streamer. I've heard the internet is garbage from others too. ****
Old 03-23-2011 at 01:52 AM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

it seems to be a cogeco package high speed with... 200gb bw i think?
lawl phaint i live there too
Old 03-23-2011 at 02:02 AM   #8
Phaint
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
it seems to be a cogeco package high speed with... 200gb bw i think?
lawl phaint i live there too
Hows the internet? Is he exaggerating or is it that bad?

Last edited by Phaint : 03-23-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2011 at 03:59 AM   #9
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish001 View Post
Hey
I ended up living in Dundurn Housing which is owned by the same company, a bit cheaper than West Villages but at last, a very short (~4 mins) bus ride or a decent(~30min) walk away. In case anyone else loved WVS but thought it was too expensive.
-Ish
Dudurn Student Housing .... as long as you don't mind the odd gunslinging / murder during a party:
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...for-armed-pair
Old 03-23-2011 at 08:29 AM   #10
Ish001

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsahota View Post
Dudurn Student Housing .... as long as you don't mind the odd gunslinging / murder during a party:
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...for-armed-pair
youch! did not know about that :/
thanks!
Old 03-23-2011 at 03:15 PM   #11
Phaint
Account Locked

Is the internet really that bad? I'm super worried
Old 03-23-2011 at 04:44 PM   #12
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

rich kids...

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 03-23-2011
Moh2in
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-23-2011
RememberTwce
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 03-23-2011 at 06:25 PM   #13
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh2in View Post
shut the **** up
what the hells your problem, living there your going to spend AT LEAST a $1000 more than anyone else.