MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOCS: West Village Suites leasee question!! bubblegum3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-14-2010 06:08 PM
West Village Suites - Fall 2010 pavlov Residence & Housing 0 07-30-2010 11:05 AM
west village suites information needed! sparkypea Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 11 02-06-2010 09:02 PM
West Village Suites... mh519 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 20 08-11-2009 07:43 PM

West Village Suites - don't live here

Old 05-11-2010 at 10:56 PM   #1
JackBauer133

Liked: 0 Times

West Village Suites - don't live here
Don't live at WVS. It's expensive as shit, and management is a joke. Dundurn Property Management published a "tenant guide" in which there are rules that we must follow and there will be repercussions if the rules are broken.

Bullshit. Dundurn management breaks the rules all the time. The first and foremost rule is that only students attending a post-secondary institution can live at WVS. The 18-year-old daughter of the owner of the building lives at WVS, and doesn't pay a cent of rent. She doesn't go to McMaster or Mohawk either. From what I've heard of her, she works at WVS head office, smokes pot all day, and sifts through tenant's personal information (which is illegal in accordance to the Canadian Privacy Act).

Sure, it's a nice building that has lots of great advantages to it. But until there is an entire management turnover, don't live at WVS.
Old 05-11-2010 at 11:58 PM   #2
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

actually i dont wanna get banned so nevermind

Last edited by andrew22 : 05-12-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2010 at 11:25 AM   #3
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

It's not against any laws if family members of the owners building wants to live there.
Old 05-12-2010 at 02:26 PM   #4
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

You say smoke pot all day like it's a bad thing.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Dopematic likes this.
Old 05-12-2010 at 03:06 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
You say smoke pot all day like it's a bad thing.
Probably is, just like washing your hands all day, eating all day, sleeping all day, etc...
Old 05-12-2010 at 05:12 PM   #6
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer133 View Post
The 18-year-old daughter of the owner of the building lives at WVS, and doesn't pay a cent of rent. She doesn't go to McMaster or Mohawk either.
Then technically her parents are paying her rent, by not accepting rent from another potential tenant. Why is this a bad thing? It's analogous to when someone lives with their parents without paying rent.

Quote:
From what I've heard of her, she works at WVS head office, smokes pot all day, and sifts through tenant's personal information (which is illegal in accordance to the Canadian Privacy Act).
If that were true, it'd be pretty bad...but from the fact that you say "from what I've heard of her" you're getting awfully worked up about rumours. Pretty sure something like that constitutes Defamation against the WVS, since you're not really backing it up with facts.

So in conclusion...what precisely are you saying is wrong with the WVS?
Old 05-12-2010 at 06:24 PM   #7
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

only problems ive had with that place is its price and annoying suitemates who would blast music till 3am...other than that the management is decent at least it was the year before, i didnt live there this year so i can't comment on that
Old 05-12-2010 at 10:13 PM   #8
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

I lived in the WVS went they first opened. What a nightmare those first few months were. I think that the mangement has changed since I lived there but I had workers come into my suite without warning, when I should have gotten at least 24 hours notice.
Old 05-12-2010 at 10:56 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

I heard that the bar/restaurant on the first floor got closed down (Charlie West)

Geek likes this.