MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Comic Artist Club- First General Meeting! tessclare Clubs & Groups 0 09-20-2010 02:11 PM
MSU FIT Leader Will Get Shinerama Tattoo if MAC Raises $80K for Cystic Fibrosis lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 09-12-2010 05:25 PM
Con artist in Mac?(not a good con though) ShouldBeStudying General Discussion 7 10-15-2009 12:12 PM
Need opinion on a design Chad General Discussion 14 05-30-2008 09:19 AM

Looking for an artist to design a tattoo

Old 10-20-2010 at 09:23 PM   #1
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Looking for an artist to design a tattoo
Looking for someone to design a tattoo of Vegeta or Jason Todd.

Keep it simple. I like thick lines and sharp/bold colours (no black and white). Keep it iconic to their characters and personalities (so it would probably be better if you were a fanatic like myself ).

I'm not looking for a lot of artistic expression/creativity/licensing, I want something really representative and iconic of their characters (ie: I wouldn't expect someone to draw Radditz as a super saiyan).

With that being said, I don't consider something about "over 9000" iconic to Vegeta... that's something that non-DBZ/internet nerds know, but it's not really something that great to huge fans.

As well, I'm pretty certain I want to get both of these tattoos on my forearms... so nothing super gigantic/wide. Which is why something like Vegeta powering up for Final Flash during Cell Saga (the iconic image with his arms stretched out) wouldn't work out to well, at least in my opinion. It would be too wide and skinny for a forearm. BUT, I'm no tattoo expert so this is just me trying to picture it. I could be completely wrong!

I'm not sure if I want to give any examples of what I'm looking for since I'm not 100% sure myself and I don't want anyone to think I'm limiting them too much.. But yea, I generally like thick-ish line art but not making the characters look TOO cartoonish.

If you, or anyone you know, is interested in this, please let me know on this thread, via PM, or email me at [email protected] ail.com

I'm pretty sure I'm NOT looking for something like this. It just seems to "real" for my tastes. Plus, I don't like the gold aura:
http://vegeta-always-wins.deviantart...+tattoo&q o=1

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-20-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2010 at 09:24 PM   #2
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

are u drunk.....
Old 10-20-2010 at 09:28 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Nope, been thinking about this for years now.

Old 10-20-2010 at 09:32 PM   #4
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Nope, been thinking about this for years now.
I'd love to see the finished product. If someone does design one, post here plox
Old 10-20-2010 at 09:44 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Obviously.

Old 10-20-2010 at 09:58 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Normally I don't care what people do to their bodies, but this sounds like an especially silly idea...
Vegeta? DBW is pretty sick, but this sounds like a kind of thing you'd do when drunk, hehe
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:01 PM   #7
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Normally I don't care what people do to their bodies, but this sounds like an especially silly idea...
Vegeta? DBW is pretty sick, but this sounds like a kind of thing you'd do when drunk, hehe
yah are you insane!? goku all the way!
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:05 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
yah are you insane!? goku all the way!
Yup.

Btw, theres a lot of good artists on this site, I've creeped the occasional deviant art account I found a link to. Put big green dollar signs in your original post and you might get some interest!
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:06 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
So stop caring, simple.
I've said pretty much my entire life that if these 2 characters exist, I'd believe in love. Essentially because they're me, but with a *****. And just way cooler.

If I wanted to pay for this, I would have offered it in my original post. I AM capable of sketching, but unlike real artists, it takes me hours and I would prefer to have a few (ideas/styles) to choose from.

And not to be a total douchecunt, but if I were to get something inked drawn by them, I'm pretty much a walking advertisement for them... They, realistically, should be paying me.

And I could just log onto a DBZ/Batman forum and ask there... Payment is irrelevant when you meet a fellow diehard fan willing to undergo the ultimate homage.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-20-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:09 PM   #10
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/343/1/8/Goku_Tattoo_by_Nelson Mandingo.jpg

this is pretty cool
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:11 PM   #11
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Yea, it is. Although for me, I think I would prefer thicker lines and obviously not that type of transformation... Don't think it's representative of the entire character.

Old 10-20-2010 at 10:11 PM   #12
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
deviantart has some awesome shit on it.
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:12 PM   #13
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
That looks awesome. Although, I'd never get it tatooed.
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:13 PM   #14
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Get a tiny vegeta that's firing a beam that wraps around your arm so it looks like it's gonna hit him from behind.
Old 10-20-2010 at 10:14 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Get a tiny vegeta that's firing a beam that wraps around your arm so it looks like it's gonna hit him from behind.
AHAHAHAHA SO CUTE.

love it.