MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
phone ymich First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 08-28-2011 12:46 AM
I Phone 5G mfattal General Discussion 14 07-21-2011 09:11 PM
Lost Phone CrystalAngel General Discussion 7 07-10-2011 04:52 PM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM

Lost Phone Help

Old 01-23-2012 at 06:00 PM   #1
goth-lover

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Lost Phone Help
I just came out of my PSYCH 2C03 class in TSH B128 at 3:15 pm

I was texting...the prof said class was over... I get up and pack and just as I'm walking out of the lecture hall I realize my phone isnt in my hands anymore.

I checked everywhere in the classroom and everything but I couldn't find it !!! And I tried calling it but it goes straight to voicemail

someone must have put it in their bag by mistake while we were packing in a hurry to get out

If anyone has it its an iphone in a red case - please msg me or call one of my contacts ...that phone has my life on it !! all my most personal things are on that phone i cant function without it :(
Old 01-23-2012 at 06:22 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goth-lover View Post
someone must have put it in their bag by mistake while we were packing in a hurry to get out

I find it very unlikely that somebody would put it in their bag by mistake, theft is more likely.. iPhone theft is especially common.

....although I found an expensive looking watch one time and took it so I could hand it into security because I know somebody else would have probably stolen it; the guy managed to come back 5 minutes later though.

Either way, file a lost report.

Best of luck...

alyssarr likes this.
Old 01-23-2012 at 06:37 PM   #3
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

:( same thing happened to me last term, ended up having to buy a new iPhone :/ good luck though!! If you have the Find iPhone app activated you should be able to find it hopefully!!
Old 01-23-2012 at 06:52 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMe3 View Post
:( same thing happened to me last term, ended up having to buy a new iPhone :/ good luck though!! If you have the Find iPhone app activated you should be able to find it hopefully!!
Theres also a feature native to the iPhone (i think) that can be activated by Apple... or your provider(?) to track the phone, some chick had her car stolen recently and the police tracked her phone to find where the thief went.
Old 01-23-2012 at 06:57 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I have found valuable things before that people left behind and if i recognize who was sitting there, i give it to them next time the class rolls around or bring it to the security office. give it a couple days or maybe ask the prof
Old 01-23-2012 at 07:11 PM   #6
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:

I was texting...the prof said class was over... I get up and pack and just as I'm walking out of the lecture hall I realize my phone isnt in my hands anymore.

I checked everywhere in the classroom and everything but I couldn't find it !!! And I tried calling it but it goes straight to voicemail

If anyone has it its an iphone in a red case - please msg me or call one of my contacts ...that phone has my life on it !! all my most personal things are on that phone i cant function without it :(
Did you set up an iCloud account on your phone? If you did, they you likely enabled the feature 'Find iPhone'.

DO THIS --> go to iCloud.com and log in, then click on the app FInd iPhone. It will pinpoint where your iPhone is on a map. You can also send a message to your iPhone and make it play a sound so its easy to find.
Old 01-23-2012 at 08:12 PM   #7
Schleifer_1

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:

Use Avenue To Learn to send a mass email out to your classmates and ask them is they've seen it. If someone in your class has it, you'll probably reach them that way.

Crzyrio, goth-lover like this.
Old 01-23-2012 at 09:13 PM   #8
goth-lover

Liked: Liked 2 Times

well the thing is the only ppl that could have taken is are the ppl who were right beside me..i know their faces...and i came back and looked for it like 20 seconds after leaving the classroom so thats why i find it hard to believe someone stole it

Last edited by goth-lover : 01-26-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-05-2012
ksaini
This message has been removed by a moderator. .