MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gmail issues Awesomeness Residence & Housing 2 10-01-2010 10:10 AM
Copyright Issues nerual Academics 9 09-10-2010 08:51 PM
Wireless Issues? blackdragon Computers & Tech 0 07-05-2010 12:16 PM
MacInsiders - some issues? Duarch General Discussion 16 10-19-2009 10:45 AM
RESP issues Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-27-2008 02:03 PM

Lot M Issues

Old 09-10-2009 at 08:46 PM   #1
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Lot M Issues
I did a quick search, and didn't find any topics regarding this.

I went to park in lot M this morning, and myself, and about 30 other cars spent at least 20 minutes circling the lot trying to find a spot. This is clearly because of the spots removed.

Does anyone know what is going on with the construction?

Also, will the buses ever come back into the lot again? I noticed that they removed the bus only exit lane, so I assumed that they might remove it indefinitely.

Its like they oversold the spots. And, at the bus stop, a bunch of people were talking about how they have reduced the number of shuttles. Grr...
Old 09-11-2009 at 06:34 AM   #2
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

I also heard there were issues with one of the gates (the one on right and by itself) and that cars were lined up all the way up to the top of the hill at one point...I really hope things change soon. It's annoying to have to park far away and still having to still across a big parking lot to wait for the shuttle.
Old 09-11-2009 at 08:07 AM   #3
carrka

Liked: 14 Times

From what I have read online it is the city of Hamilton that is apparently running this project. They are putting in a Sewer overflow tank under the parking lot. They have been doing this project all summer and it was supposed to be completed before school started... but construction never ends on time.

I hope the buses come back into the parking lot.... because I have several night classes and I don't want to be stuck parking at the very back of the lot and having to walk to my car at 10 at night.
Old 09-11-2009 at 08:42 AM   #4
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by webzn View Post
I did a quick search, and didn't find any topics regarding this.

I went to park in lot M this morning, and myself, and about 30 other cars spent at least 20 minutes circling the lot trying to find a spot. This is clearly because of the spots removed.

Does anyone know what is going on with the construction?

Also, will the buses ever come back into the lot again? I noticed that they removed the bus only exit lane, so I assumed that they might remove it indefinitely.

Its like they oversold the spots. And, at the bus stop, a bunch of people were talking about how they have reduced the number of shuttles. Grr...
The above poster is correct; it is a city construction issue. I spoke to the director of parking services last week and he informed me they were moving faculty members from lot M up to a central campus lot. This will result in 90 less transponders in West Lots. This should help the situation.
Old 09-11-2009 at 10:10 AM   #5
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsmash26 View Post
The above poster is correct; it is a city construction issue. I spoke to the director of parking services last week and he informed me they were moving faculty members from lot M up to a central campus lot. This will result in 90 less transponders in West Lots. This should help the situation.
Now that I know what it is about, I did a quick search for CSO on mac and there was a posting that the construction completion deadline will be delayed until late fall 2009. Grrr..