MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GPA conversion: a low 90 is the same as a high 90? daftypatty First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 09-29-2013 09:05 PM
Needs Stats 2nd semester, Offering 1st semester science4ever Academics 0 09-06-2011 08:04 PM
Do Medical Schools care if I took 4 courses first semester, 5 courses 2nd semester... Arnold General Discussion 6 07-17-2009 03:30 PM
Low GPA... ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 01-12-2009 12:32 AM
low CA nisha Academics 3 06-18-2008 04:26 PM

Low gpa first semester need help

Old 12-24-2014 at 01:37 AM   #1
othmaa123

Liked: 0 Times

Low gpa first semester need help
Basically heres the scoop. A lot of shit went down first semester and for extremely complicated reasons i did horribly bad last semester. Im also on probation and failed 2 out of three courses because of the complicated reasoning. My overall gpa as of right now is sitting at 1.67. is it possible to save my ass next semester if i just focus on getting high marks or is it too late?
Old 12-24-2014 at 11:59 AM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

So, you did poorly last year and were put on academic probation, and then did poorly again this term? How many units did you take this term and what was your average prior to this (and how many units had you taken)?
It should be mathematically possible, however I'm disinclined to believe that the "extremely complicated reasons" are solely to blame for your poor performance this term, since you did poorly last year too. It's not too late because if you do very well next term you should be able to pull up your grades enough (you can work out the math for yourself), but only you can say for sure whether or not it's realistic to expect that to happen.

I don't really know what you're looking for - you should be capable of doing the math yourself and you should already know everything I just said.

othmaa123 says thanks to starfish for this post.