MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Options at this point? Rigoroso Academics 2 05-05-2011 03:13 PM
how to convert 12 point scale to 4 point scale? VoyozooT Academics 2 06-05-2010 05:43 PM
Can someone point me in the right direction? Melanieee Academics 4 03-01-2010 10:01 AM
Point of Retaking Course MSS12 Academics 15 06-10-2009 05:38 PM

At a low point academically...help please!

Old 06-24-2014 at 08:12 AM   #1
ana1205

Liked: 0 Times

At a low point academically...help please!
Hi everyone, so I'm just right now at a low point.... I want to be in honours life science but I'm currently in science level 2 I haven't completed math 1ls3 and I'm behind 6 units because I should be in 3rd year. I took 1ls3 this summer and it doesn't look like I passed. So now I'm behind 9 units. I want to graduate on time in 4th year in honours life science and I just don't know where to go from this point. I'm miserable about it and I'm really feeling hopeless. Does anyone have suggestions? I thought perhaps I'd take the math in September and do a course overload second semester but I won't be reviewed until next year for honours life science and I can't take classes like 2a03 or 2n03 to shadow....
Old 06-24-2014 at 09:08 AM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

What about taking a summer course or even 2? That will help you catch up without stressing yourself with overloading this coming year

ana1205 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-24-2014 at 09:23 AM   #3
ana1205

Take summer courses during the summer of 3rd to 4th year? I think that's something that I might consider doing, I'm just worried about when I can get reviewed to get into the program as soon as possible because I want to graduate on time. Does this mean I should take 1ls3 in term 1? And now I have to change quite a but of courses because I'm not registered in level 3 and that's a pre requisite. It's there a way to deal with that?
Old 06-24-2014 at 09:35 AM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

There's nothing wrong with graduating later. As long as you take all the prereqs and pass them with your cumulative gpa above your required amount you'll be fine

ana1205 says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 06-24-2014 at 10:17 AM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Given the fact that you're already struggling, overloading does not sound like a good idea at all.

You can take two courses in term 2 of summer school, and then you're only 3 units behind (from math 1LS3, which you can take in Sept). I'm not sure if that will be enough to put you in "level 3" or not, since I don't know the requirements for "science level 2", but it's worth trying or talking to an academic advisor about.

ana1205 says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 06-24-2014 at 10:25 AM   #6
ana1205

thank you, i think that is a really good idea. i know i struggled because at the time i had some personal stuff happening. now my last inquire is about 1Ls3. if i cannot get in the course in september is there a way to still get a seat in that class or no? because it will be such a set back if i can't get that course and i"d have to wait.
Old 06-24-2014 at 02:25 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana1205 View Post
thank you, i think that is a really good idea. i know i struggled because at the time i had some personal stuff happening. now my last inquire is about 1Ls3. if i cannot get in the course in september is there a way to still get a seat in that class or no? because it will be such a set back if i can't get that course and i"d have to wait.
the course shouldnt be difficult to get in. worst case, you ask an advisor to put you in. they should be able to. its a giant course.
Old 06-24-2014 at 02:29 PM   #8
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Who graduates in 4 years? That's like leaving the party early!

ana1205 says thanks to adaptation for this post.

ana1205, Kudos, MacPack like this.
Old 06-24-2014 at 03:26 PM   #9
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

There is no shame in not graduating in four years.
I suggest taking courses over the summer. You can extend one more semester at least. Just aim for taking all second term courses in the 4 years so the last "first semester" is full of classes to take,
I like to turn things to be positive , say you stayed longer to take more classes that interested you. Done and done.

ana1205 says thanks to MacPack for this post.