MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pita Lunch for Your First Year Experience lorend MacInsiders Announcements 6 04-19-2010 08:27 PM
Lunch with MPP Yasir Naqvi J-Met MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-31-2010 10:03 PM
Lunch Taunton General Discussion 37 07-30-2009 07:28 PM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

lunch time

Old 08-14-2009 at 08:36 PM   #1
lbqjenny

Liked: 0 Times

lunch time
i have some courses around everyday lunch time. can i have lunch before 11:00 or after 1:30??
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:39 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbqjenny View Post
i have some courses around everyday lunch time. can i have lunch before 11:00 or after 1:30??
You have have lunch whenever you want.
Old 08-14-2009 at 08:39 PM   #3
R.L.

Liked: 3 Times

you can have lunch whenever you're hungry - before, after, never. just don't starve yourself. if you get hungry (around lunch), pack some snacks and you can eat in class or before class (but be discrete ).
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:49 PM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

You eat when you want and when you feel like it. Your choice entirely.
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:52 PM   #5
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

You're no longer in high school

If you want, you could sleep at 3 in the afternoon, wake up at 1 in the morning, eat five packs of kit kats, call it lunch, and nobody can argue.

lbqjenny, Rob Mac like this.
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:54 PM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Just to repeat it again you can eat whenever you feel like it. This isn't high school where you can only eat lunch at a certain time, the cafe doesn't close so to speak.

Get food anywhere on campus anytime you like as long as the place you want to eat is open, some of the restaurants like Bistro and Bridges close earlier than somewhere like Commons but they're open pretty much all day, until around 8. Commons is open until midnight and the student centre food is open late too but not as late as Commons.

In any case yeah you're free to eat when your schedule allows it and whenever you feel hungry.
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:56 PM   #7
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

There's also the 24 hour Subway and the 24 hour Tim Hortons (although it'll take a bit of walking)

Although one time I went to the 24 hour subway at 4 or 5am and it turns out they were out of sandwiches....
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:00 AM   #8
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

in terms of places like bistro, even though they're mostly available for the whole day there are times you should be aware of that they're not open and you'll have to wait for them to re-open or find other kinds of food

I don't know what the times are going to be like next year for places like bistro, but I remembered after their 'lunch hour' last year they closed for a few hours before reopening for dinner time, so just be aware of those times! =O
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:03 AM   #9
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

On campus, you can get food any time between 7am and midnight (but different places have different hours - Commons is open the earliest/lastest as far as I know)
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:03 AM   #10
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyWarrior View Post
in terms of places like bistro, even though they're mostly available for the whole day there are times you should be aware of that they're not open and you'll have to wait for them to re-open or find other kinds of food

I don't know what the times are going to be like next year for places like bistro, but I remembered after their 'lunch hour' last year they closed for a few hours before reopening for dinner time, so just be aware of those times! =O
Yes I forgot to mention that. Bistro is open for lunch and then again for dinner. I think it's 11:30-2 and 4:30 until 8 but I'm not 100% sure.

Bistro is delicious although it's on the pricey side b/c the food quality is more like a restaurant than fast food like you'd get at Commons or La Piazza.

Bridges is my personal favourite though. I hated how they weren't opened on weekends. When I lived on residence I'd always been awaiting Monday for glorious Bridges food.
Old 08-15-2009 at 12:04 AM   #11
kmer

Liked: 1 Time

I dont want to repeat what everyone else has said...so im just gonna add something small

When you have a lot of consecutive classes bring snacks throughout that time period. 1) Its not very healthy 2) You definately dont want your stomach growlin' in the middle of a silent lecture
Old 08-15-2009 at 02:28 AM   #12
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Although, some profs don't like it when you bring food in. Try to bring small snacks between classes, or right before class starts, or during class if you have a chill TA. :]
Old 08-15-2009 at 03:12 AM   #13
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Although, some profs don't like it when you bring food in. Try to bring small snacks between classes, or right before class starts, or during class if you have a chill TA. :]
haha this reminds me of that Mr. Bean episode where he was trying to open a piece of candy with the loud crinkly wrapper. Yeah, it's really annoying though when people eat giant bags of chips and 1. don't put it in something quieter like a sandwich bag or 2. chew and chomp so wildly (often with mouths open) that it's distracting.
Old 08-15-2009 at 11:59 AM   #14
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoozik View Post
haha this reminds me of that Mr. Bean episode where he was trying to open a piece of candy with the loud crinkly wrapper. Yeah, it's really annoying though when people eat giant bags of chips and 1. don't put it in something quieter like a sandwich bag or 2. chew and chomp so wildly (often with mouths open) that it's distracting.
Good episode, Good times.

Old 08-15-2009 at 01:04 PM   #15
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Just eat whenever you please. Id suggest before so your not starving during your lectures, but then again, alot of people even eat during the lecture.. so it doesnt matter.