MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
did anyone receive their OSAP payments yet for first term? 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 11-07-2011 07:08 PM
when do we receive our student ID cards 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 41 08-11-2011 04:35 PM
do we get our message we receive room our roommate in out hotmail 737300173 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-19-2011 09:19 PM
what happen if I don't receive my final grade by today rmfldkdtm Academics 21 05-02-2011 10:34 PM
McMaster still didn't send acknowledgement email Nueloas First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 12-03-2010 01:04 AM

Mac Email Issues... can send, can't receive. Anyone else?

Old 03-06-2012 at 10:36 PM   #1
interrobang?

Liked: 2 Times

Mac Email Issues... can send, can't receive. Anyone else?
I've been having problems with my McMaster email over the last few weeks. I've been able to send out emails fine (I receive them on my Gmail and other McMaster emails receive them) but my inbox has been very inconsistent.. I've sent emails from my Gmail that haven't arrived but I receive mail from other McMaster users. I don't exactly when this started, but the last email I got from a non-Mac email was February 20th, so around when the Gmail migration started and it wasn't always like this.

Has anyone else been having issues? This is really unnerving for me because I'm a co-op student and I've sent out a bunch of emails in the last few weeks. Now I don't know if the people I emailed didn't bother to reply, or sent a reply and I didn't receive it....
Old 03-07-2012 at 02:24 PM   #2
naakamura

Liked: 2 Times

I used to have my McMaster e-mails forwarded to my personal Gmail, but I turned this off after the migration. Now I send out mail from my McMaster account and only receive replies to my personal Gmail.

It's extremely frustrating and I'm not sure how to fix it.
Old 03-07-2012 at 03:06 PM   #3
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by naakamura View Post
I used to have my McMaster e-mails forwarded to my personal Gmail, but I turned this off after the migration. Now I send out mail from my McMaster account and only receive replies to my personal Gmail.

It's extremely frustrating and I'm not sure how to fix it.
The same thing has been happening to me. I thought turning off the forwarding to my personal account would fix it, but so far it hasn't changed anything.
Old 03-07-2012 at 03:17 PM   #4
Maria Daniel

Liked: 3 Times

You may be able to try this:

Log onto your McMaster Email Account, and click on settings on the top right side of the page. Then click on the ''Accounts'' tab, and in the ''Send mail as:'' section, click on ''Add another email address you own'', and once you hit that, there is a little window that pops up. In it, there is a section where you can enter a ''Reply-to address'', which is actually designed for the purpose of allowing all the replies that you being addressed to an account of your choice.

However, if you designate the reply-to address to be your McMaster email address, that might fix the situation? Or, perhaps they reply-to section has been already filled out for you, by default, given your settings before the migration?

I'm not sure if that works, or if it helps, but I think it might be worth a shot! let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
Maria Daniel