MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Student Card lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-05-2010 11:52 AM
first yr student card question - HELP!! rmfldkdtm First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-04-2010 01:45 PM
meal card question arjun2001 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-04-2009 01:08 AM
Credit Card Question lawleypop General Discussion 33 08-25-2009 07:17 PM
Another ID card question Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 08-26-2008 12:45 AM

Mac ID Card Question

Old 09-04-2011 at 05:26 PM   #1
Driftking24

Liked: 0 Times

Mac ID Card Question
It's probably the dumbest question ever but...is the validation sticker suppose to be larger than the box beside your photo that says "Place Validation Sticker Here"? o.o I don't wanna mess this up. LOL. I'm retarded. I know.
Old 09-04-2011 at 05:28 PM   #2
dsalvatore

Liked: 67 Times

Lol yes...it's not going to fit perfectly. Only a freshman would worry about this I actually have about four stickers on top of each other by now, and it's a little lopsided too lol
Old 09-04-2011 at 07:59 PM   #3
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsalvatore View Post
Lol yes...it's not going to fit perfectly. Only a freshman would worry about this I actually have about four stickers on top of each other by now, and it's a little lopsided too lol
Come on, don't lie to him. It has to fit perfectly or else you won't be able to write your exams or use the bus

dsalvatore, Milk.Tea like this.
Old 09-04-2011 at 09:38 PM   #4
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I tried to place mine as straight as possible. And yes, the sticker is slightly larger, so it helps. xD
Old 09-04-2011 at 10:21 PM   #5
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsalvatore View Post
Not true. I struggled to get the glue off from the old sticker for about 10 minutes then spent another few trying to make sure the sticker lined up perfectly with the edge of the card.

...this is the kind of stuff I'm doing during the last days of summer.

Faer, jim1 like this.
Old 09-04-2011 at 10:51 PM   #6
Faer
Elite Member

I'll probably be following in your footsteps as soon as I collect my sticker.

Question: How easy is it to get the old sticker off?
Old 09-04-2011 at 10:55 PM   #7
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
I'll probably be following in your footsteps as soon as I collect my sticker.

Question: How easy is it to get the old sticker off?
It's easy to get the sticker off but it leaves behind a lot of glue. I tried to get rid of it (unsuccessfully) by rubbing it off with my fingers. Then I used some rubbing alcohol and it came right off. >_>
Old 09-04-2011 at 11:14 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
It's easy to get the sticker off but it leaves behind a lot of glue. I tried to get rid of it (unsuccessfully) by rubbing it off with my fingers. Then I used some rubbing alcohol and it came right off. >_>
You could also just put the other sticker in the exact same spot as the previous. Or you can take the old sticker and stick it on and off wherever there is leftover glue. That usually how I take off glue on other things.

InvisoBill likes this.
Old 09-04-2011 at 11:25 PM   #9
mac-lover

Liked: 15 Times

Weird.. my stickers come off really easily..
Old 09-04-2011 at 11:42 PM   #10
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Am I the only one who realizes how silly this thread is? IT'S JUST A STICKER.
Old 09-05-2011 at 12:11 AM   #11
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I was going to say "Use water!", but yeah, rubbing alcohol works much better...

I'm glad it comes off easily, I was afraid it would be the type that sticks and then when you try to remove it, the top layer comes off and leaves a trail of white backing all over the card. ANNOYING.
Old 09-05-2011 at 11:34 AM   #12
leah.pantich

As long as it fits on the card and you don't cover your picture with it, you're good!
Old 09-05-2011 at 12:49 PM   #13
Vector Boson

Don't try to take it off if it is a little bit crooked. I did that last year and ended up ripping it a little bit making it even worse.
Old 09-07-2011 at 10:10 AM   #14
RCaldwell

Liked: Liked 2 Times

My sticker came off pretty easily.
AND YEAH
Get that baby on there straight or they'll throw you off the bus!
Old 09-07-2011 at 10:12 AM   #15
chewingice

as long as the sticker is generally on the right side of the card and not blocking your photo