MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Card Greco General Discussion 33 11-14-2009 05:53 PM
GO ID card information jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 25 08-31-2009 09:20 PM
Student Card smiles General Discussion 7 08-17-2009 06:37 PM
McMaster ID Card minikit99 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 08-08-2009 02:29 PM
Mac ID card Rob Mac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-25-2008 01:26 PM

Mac ID card on Welcome Day?

Old 07-29-2008 at 03:25 PM   #1
georgeb.1990

Liked: 2 Times

Mac ID card on Welcome Day?
Is it possible to have a Mac ID card made on my Welcome Day visit? I have friends who are going to U of T and their ID cards were made on the spot at a St. George campus office (with pictures taken there) so I'm hoping Mac has an office like that as well. I'd really rather not go through the hassle of getting a passport photo, mailing Mac, and then waiting for the card to arrive since I'll be down there on Aug 8th anyway.
Old 07-29-2008 at 03:41 PM   #2
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

You can get you picture taken the day of move in, I know, but I have no Idea about welcome day. Either way it's a bit of a pain in the butt. Your student card does you no good without the sticker that comes in the mail, so you might as well get them both at the same time.

I had the problem that I had already left the province before my student ID made it to my house ( I left about 3 weeks early to visit family). Trust me, you don't want to spend any time during Welcome week without your student card.

whatever you do, make sure you get your card done before school starts.

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 07-29-2008 at 05:13 PM   #3
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Cubit is right, it's a pain in the rear not to have your card because it's as important as your limbs at university.

As for whether you can get your picture done I'm not sure. I know they were doing it during May At Mac but you'd have to call the Registrar's office and inquire about it. They're the ones that take the pictures. Unfortunately Mac doesn't spit out cards right then and there (unless it's an employee card) so you'll have to wait for it to be mailed to you. I don't know why but it probably has something to do with the sheer amount that they have to do.

You can reach the registrar's office at 905.525.4600!

Old 08-06-2008 at 01:10 PM   #4
amplified

Liked: 0 Times

Soo.
Just wait it out until they come in the mail, then?

And if it doesn't come in the mail...
Is it possible to at least inquire about it on Welcome Day? Go to the Registrar's Office and ask?

They said early August, but really that could extend all the way to the 15th of August.. soo.

Who knows.
I'm just anxious to get mine. lol. That's the only issue here.
Old 08-06-2008 at 03:38 PM   #5
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amplified View Post
Soo.
Just wait it out until they come in the mail, then?

And if it doesn't come in the mail...
Is it possible to at least inquire about it on Welcome Day? Go to the Registrar's Office and ask?

They said early August, but really that could extend all the way to the 15th of August.. soo.

Who knows.
I'm just anxious to get mine. lol. That's the only issue here.

You can always go and ask. You can also call ahead of time, they're open from 8-4 with the exception of a lunch break at 12-1

amplified says thanks to kokosas for this post.