MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Student Card = GO Transit Student ID (2009) goodnews.inc MacInsiders Announcements 10 09-01-2009 01:55 PM
McMaster ID Card? OlgaK First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 34 08-11-2009 12:15 AM
SPC Card for McMaster students Matt385 General Discussion 4 09-05-2008 10:34 PM
Mac ID card Rob Mac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-25-2008 01:26 PM

McMaster ID Card

Old 08-08-2009 at 12:07 PM   #1
minikit99

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster ID Card
Hey i was just wondering when they were supposed to be mailing those (the mac id cards) out? Sometimeme this month I'm assuming.
Old 08-08-2009 at 12:12 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You should be getting it in the next two to three weeks, at the latest. Some first year students have reported getting theirs already.

It all depends on how far away you live from Mac in Ontario.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-08-2009 at 12:15 PM   #3
minikit99

well i only live in Kitchener, which, at tops, is an hour away from MAC.
however, i haven't done anything with the payment agreement yet, so could that be a reason why?
Old 08-08-2009 at 12:17 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikit99 View Post
well i only live in Kitchener, which, at tops, is an hour away from MAC.
however, i haven't done anything with the payment agreement yet, so could that be a reason why?
Yeah, that's why. If you haven't confirmed your PA atleast once yet then you are fully registered which means they can't send you the confirmation letter which contains the MacID card.
Old 08-08-2009 at 12:18 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, you want to get on that ASAP.

If your payment agreement is not completed in the next few days it can be disastrous to your course selection.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-08-2009 at 12:22 PM   #6
minikit99

okay thank you. do you know what the deadline for the PA is?
i think i will confirm it either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2009 at 12:29 PM   #7
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Someone received it in the mail yesterday. But she lives in Hamilton, so farther places will probably be next week! I believe it must be confirmed before Aug 12 in order to be able to access your timetable!
Old 08-08-2009 at 01:45 PM   #8
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by minikit99 View Post
okay thank you. do you know what the deadline for the PA is?
i think i will confirm it either tonight or tomorrow.
If you wanted to get the confirmation packages (including your mac id card), then you had to confirm your payment agreement by july 30.
Since you didnt confirm it, you'll probably have to go to the registrar office to get your mac id card in september
Also make sure you confirm your payment agreement by august 31 or you'll have to pay late payment agreement fine of $50.
http://www.mcmaster.ca/bms/student/p...eadlines.p df
Old 08-08-2009 at 01:50 PM   #9
minikit99

arggh! lol
so when is the best day to pick the ID up? September 5th?
I am going to Mcmaster all week next week for the Synergy Business Program so do you know if i would be able to just swing by and pick it up then?
Old 08-08-2009 at 01:52 PM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If they haven't mailed it to you yet, you may be able to pick it up. Either way, ask at the Registrar's Office, and make sure you have your student number with you.

Old 08-08-2009 at 01:57 PM   #11
Paul91

Liked: 4 Times

was the payment agreement with the course selection/registration, b/c then ive done it, but otherwise i havent and need to know how to do so. I havent actually paid yet, i just said I'd pay by chueque in september. Is that alright?
Old 08-08-2009 at 02:09 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul91 View Post
was the payment agreement with the course selection/registration, b/c then ive done it, but otherwise i havent and need to know how to do so. I havent actually paid yet, i just said I'd pay by chueque in september. Is that alright?
Yeah, that's the PA. You can access your PA by going to MUGSI -> Student Accounts & Cashiers -> Payment Agreement. If anything changes you'll have to reconfirm. (i.e. if you are receiving OSAP, it should be confirmed instead of estimated now or if you are receiving a scholarship)

Payment in full is due Sept 1st (If you chose that payment method). If you are paying by cheque you should send it in now but post date it for September 1st (or a couple days sooner just in case).
Old 08-08-2009 at 02:13 PM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Would they accept a cheque now? And would I have to mail it or drop it off somewhere?
Old 08-08-2009 at 02:14 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Would they accept a cheque now? And would I have to mail it or drop it off somewhere?
Yes but like I said, you might as well post-date it. It's safer to drop it off but you can still mail it.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-08-2009 at 02:15 PM   #15
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

You can do both. Last year I dropped off a check postdated for sept 1 on around Aug. 22.

Last edited by syaseen_360 : 08-08-2009 at 02:17 PM.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to syaseen for this post.