MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safe laundry near Mac UnicornRainbo General Discussion 2 05-19-2017 09:19 PM
Laundry eh_v Residence & Housing 7 08-13-2012 06:46 PM
Laundry Ish001 McKay Hall Forum 12 02-08-2011 11:58 PM
laundry at mac MTK3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-03-2010 08:21 PM
Doing Laundry Allan Residence & Housing 10 07-02-2008 08:55 AM

Mac Laundry?

Old 08-17-2017 at 12:07 PM   #1
Parnell

Liked: 0 Times

Mac Laundry?
So how does laundry work? I was looking on the Mac website and it talked about come kind of laundry card, but other threads on this site talk about using loonies and toonies. Also, do I have to bring my own detergent?
Old 08-18-2017 at 05:36 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Upon move-in, you are given a small wallet for your residence access key card (to get in the building) and a laundry card. The laundry card will have a serial number on it. I don't remember the website but it should be in your move-in residence manual or you can just ask anyone at the Commons building desk. One option to reload it is online by registering your card to your email and then using a credit card to reload it. Another option is to use the machines that accept cash (I'm pretty sure it doesn't take coins). There's one in Keyes lobby and one in the Commons building across from the service desk. You insert your card, insert your cash, done.

Yes, you have to bring your own detergent, dryer sheets, and laundry basket. It costs $1.50 for one wash cycle and $1.50 for a drying cycle so a total of $3.00 each time you do laundry. You insert your card before each wash/dry cycle and select all your options. When the machine starts up you can remove your card. It's pretty simple.

Parnell says thanks to Imperious for this post.

devanshi likes this.