MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laundry at Les Prince LivLucy Les Prince Forum 2 08-17-2010 08:23 PM
How much does laundry cost anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 08-14-2010 11:06 PM
Change for Laundry J-Met General Discussion 5 10-10-2008 08:25 PM
Doing Laundry Allan Residence & Housing 10 07-02-2008 08:55 AM
Off Campus Series Two Part Three: The Laundry Room lorend Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 03-22-2008 11:47 AM

laundry at mac

Old 09-03-2010 at 02:51 PM   #1
MTK3

Liked: 0 Times

laundry at mac
hey are we provided with laundry detergent at the mac laundry rooms? does it come with the loonie fee that we have to pay each time?
Old 09-03-2010 at 03:47 PM   #2
Carly.

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK3 View Post
hey are we provided with laundry detergent at the mac laundry rooms? does it come with the loonie fee that we have to pay each time?
Hey im also first yr but I was told to bring loonies & quarters and to bring all your own laundry soaps and things! but yes you have to pay for the washers and dryers each time
Old 09-03-2010 at 03:57 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK3 View Post
I believe it's actually $1.25 for each load to wash (30mins) and another $1.25 for each load to dry (1hr). If you want extra time or have extra loads then you'll have to pay an extra $1.25 each time. You're not provided with any detergent/bleach/fabric softeners etc, you have to bring all of that yourself. The money is just to use the machines.
Old 09-03-2010 at 05:02 PM   #4
bree0830

Liked: 0 Times

Do the machines take only loonies and quarters?
Old 09-03-2010 at 05:31 PM   #5
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bree0830 View Post
Do the machines take only loonies and quarters?
As far as I remember, yes.

Side note, the dryers (at least in Bates during my first year) suck.
You may need to use it at least twice for heavier loads.
Old 09-03-2010 at 06:42 PM   #6
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I believe it's actually $1.25 for each load to wash (30mins) and another $1.25 for each load to dry (1hr). If you want extra time or have extra loads then you'll have to pay an extra $1.25 each time. You're not provided with any detergent/bleach/fabric softeners etc, you have to bring all of that yourself. The money is just to use the machines.
You don't need to put in a full $1.25 for extra time, you can put in at least $0.25 for extra minutes. I would definitely recommend putting in extra for more time in the dryer because i usually find that with a regular load and the standard $1.25 drying time, my stuff still comes out kinda moist. Very annoyingg
Old 09-03-2010 at 06:48 PM   #7
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

I've been told it may be worth going to a laundromat off-campus. is this true ?
Old 09-03-2010 at 06:57 PM   #8
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Idk. Personally id be too lazy to lug my laundry to some off campus laundromat, when the res ones are conveniently located in the basement . I'm not too sure about laundromat prices so maybe someone else mite know? Also if u happen to live close by i know a lot of ppl liked to just take their laundry home to their parents to do over the weekend. I've never had that luxury as mine live out of country
Old 09-03-2010 at 07:58 PM   #9
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

I live a couple hours away, so no go! lol
Old 09-03-2010 at 08:21 PM   #10
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

I think that it is more expensive to go offcampus to a laundry mat. It is much more convient just to do it on campus. I did find though, that if I left my stuff in too long (past the time it was finished) that occassionaly people would move your laundry so that they could wash their stuff. I would advise that you go down right when it is done to avoid this.

Olivia. says thanks to nicole.h for this post.