MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laundry at mac MTK3 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-03-2010 08:21 PM
FREE Purex 3-1 laundry sheet sampler Chad Student Deals & Discounts 10 08-28-2010 08:25 PM
Laundry at Les Prince LivLucy Les Prince Forum 2 08-17-2010 08:23 PM
How much does laundry cost anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 08-14-2010 11:06 PM
Doing Laundry Allan Residence & Housing 10 07-02-2008 08:55 AM

Change for Laundry

Old 10-10-2008 at 09:15 AM   #1
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Change for Laundry
Just wondering where I can get change for laundry on campus. I asked the cashiers at commons once but they dont seem to like doing it and it usually ends up being a hassle that holds up the line.
Old 10-10-2008 at 10:22 AM   #2
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

Try the service desks. They usually will have change for you.
Old 10-10-2008 at 11:32 AM   #3
stevennevets

Liked: 37 Times

there's a change machine in commons, by the service desk, but it doesnt accept bills with the foil strips, which is basically al new money... or the service desk will too, and as far as i know both of those places will give loonies and quarters, perfect for laundry.
Old 10-10-2008 at 11:50 AM   #4
ingénieur.xo
Elite Member

Liked: 38 Times

I know that Keyes will only exchange up to 5$ at a time so as long as you need less than that you're okay.
Old 10-10-2008 at 05:52 PM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Your best bet is to go to a bank with $35 in bills: $10 for a roll of quarters and $25 for a rolls of loonies. You should be set for at least 25 loads that way.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-10-2008 at 08:25 PM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Met View Post
Just wondering where I can get change for laundry on campus. I asked the cashiers at commons once but they dont seem to like doing it and it usually ends up being a hassle that holds up the line.

I dont know if you need quarters, but if you do and you have other coins, POP MACHINES are you friend.

5 nickels, press return cash = 25c
2 dimes and a nickel
3 nickels and a dime

and every other combination possible

not sure if it works with bills too but you never know. AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING