MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Actuarial Sciences jennisr Academics 0 09-09-2010 08:21 PM
Social Sciences KBrunson First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-31-2010 02:14 PM
Different sciences? SHWEDDIES Academics 17 08-19-2010 10:19 PM
Health Sciences vs. Arts and Sciences - advice anyone? ktc11 Academics 3 05-19-2010 08:47 PM

Mac Med Rad Sciences!

Old 07-14-2010 at 01:18 PM   #46
kristopherk

Liked: 16 Times

Hey, I'm also in the Medical Radiation Sciences program!

I went to the University of Waterloo right out of high school, absolutely hated it, and dropped out after only a month and a half. I've been working since then and I've finally decided to head back to school at the wizened age of 24
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:32 PM   #47
kcolley

Liked: 1 Time

Hey Kristopher! You won't be the only one joining the MedRad 2014 class at the age of 24, I'll be 24 on the 21st of September. I have a BSc in Psychology, but I am looking forward to this program so much more!!

I am also excited to see so many people on here going to MedRad. It's going to be a great year.

-Krista
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:42 PM   #48
dlee

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherk View Post
Hey, I'm also in the Medical Radiation Sciences program!

I went to the University of Waterloo right out of high school, absolutely hated it, and dropped out after only a month and a half. I've been working since then and I've finally decided to head back to school at the wizened age of 24
Good to see some "old" timers! lol! I am 22 years old, not directly from High School as well- took few turns here and there!

Last edited by dlee : 07-14-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:47 PM   #49
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilylune View Post
I'm pretty excited for next year. And yeah it's so nice to see other MedRad students. I met a few on facebook already and whenever I see more it's like Woah another one. :O

Any clubs you guys are thinking of joining?
I think there will be 150 first year med rad students? (correct me if I am wrong) There gotta be more out there to join in! I thought about joining varsity soccer but I don't think I will try out..I don't think they would accomodate student-athlete for this program. Maybe join a intramural team or hit the gym!
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:47 PM   #50
kcolley

Oh good!! I knew I would be one of the "old timers" but I am glad that there are others out there like me!

Is everyone living in residence or are there any living just off-campus. I have a house on Sterling.
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:49 PM   #51
kcolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee View Post
I think there will be 150 first year med rad students? (correct me if I am wrong) There gotta be more out there to join in! I thought about joining varsity soccer but I don't think I will try out..I don't think they would accomodate student-athlete for this program. Maybe join a intramural team or hit the gym!

I have been looking into intramurals as well, and I am definitely getting a membership at the pulse. It looks like a good deal to me!
Old 07-14-2010 at 01:59 PM   #52
dlee

Woah, you are looking into intramurals already eh! I will prob do that once school winds in! I am not sure about the membership at pulse, is that a gym membership? I thought all students get free access to the gym.
Old 07-14-2010 at 02:02 PM   #53
kcolley

As far as I know it is $119 for an 8 month membership to the pulse, which is Mac's gym. You get all access to all of the different rooms in the gym along with fitness classes.

As for the intramurals, I was curious as to which sports McMaster offered as intramural sport so that is all the looking into it I have done so far, but it looks like fun. I don't think you can sign up for anything until September anyways. I lived at home during my last degree, so I am excited at the prospect of living 5 minutes away from the gym.
Old 07-14-2010 at 02:03 PM   #54
dlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcolley View Post
Oh good!! I knew I would be one of the "old timers" but I am glad that there are others out there like me!

Is everyone living in residence or are there any living just off-campus. I have a house on Sterling.
I think I will try out off-campus housing/apartment with my girlfriend, we are going to check out the Hamiliton area at the end of August.

I think off campus housing is way cheaper than res though!

Last edited by dlee : 07-14-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2010 at 02:10 PM   #55
dlee

Quote:
As far as I know it is $119 for an 8 month membership to the pulse, which is Mac's gym. You get all access to all of the different rooms in the gym along with fitness classes.

As for the intramurals, I was curious as to which sports McMaster offered as intramural sport so that is all the looking into it I have done so far, but it looks like fun. I don't think you can sign up for anything until September anyways. I lived at home during my last degree, so I am excited at the prospect of living 5 minutes away from the gym.
Oh, you have to pay for the gym eh? That is pretty hefty. At the University of Calgary, the gym is open to all students at no cost.

I heard intramurals can be competitive but I am curious about it too. Which sport are you interested in? As for living close to the gym, maybe you can hit the treadmill just before the exam just to relieve some stress!
Old 07-14-2010 at 06:30 PM   #56
Lilylune

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:

I'm living off-campus as well in an apartment with my sister and her boyfriend.
Old 07-19-2010 at 03:05 PM   #57
kcolley

Anyone planning on going to welcome day (august 6th) or welcome week in september? Just curious if these would be opportunities to meet some fellow medrad students.
Old 07-19-2010 at 03:57 PM   #58
TheMist

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Anyone planning on going to welcome day (august 6th) or welcome week in september? Just curious if these would be opportunities to meet some fellow medrad students.
There's a 50/50 chance that i might go to welcome day

Finally it's good to see some medradsci students here
Old 07-19-2010 at 04:25 PM   #59
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
You may run into some MedRad students for Welcome Day, but you'll see much more of them during Faculty Day at Welcome Week. The MedRad Society will do their own thing and you'll see most of the 140 students you'll be in most classes with.

I'm sure I've said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again, congratulations to all of you for being accepted into this program. If you have any questions, just message me and I should be able to answer most of them.

kcolley, kristopherk all say thanks to _Luu_ for this post.

kristopherk, TheMist like this.
Old 07-19-2010 at 07:42 PM   #60
kcolley

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
You may run into some MedRad students for Welcome Day, but you'll see much more of them during Faculty Day at Welcome Week. The MedRad Society will do their own thing and you'll see most of the 140 students you'll be in most classes with.

I'm sure I've said it earlier in this thread and I'll say it again, congratulations to all of you for being accepted into this program. If you have any questions, just message me and I should be able to answer most of them.

Do you happen to know which day of welcome week the faculty day is, I want to make sure I am there for that!