MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
WWF @ Mac General Meeting goleafsgo13 MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-26-2010 11:26 AM
MSU General Assembly This Thursday temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 3 03-19-2009 10:06 AM
CLAY '09 General Meeting temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 3 01-23-2009 08:32 PM
MacInsiders Meeting on Wednesday Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-22-2007 10:54 PM
MacInsiders Team Meeting Chad MacInsiders Announcements 12 10-02-2007 01:59 PM

MacInsiders FIRST GENERAL MEETING - Thursday

Old 09-20-2007 at 08:09 AM   #15
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
Hi Sarah! Great point, and is one of the reasons for MacInsiders existance... trying to bring people out of their shells to get involved around campus with the many opportunities available to you!

As I said before, we're open and welcoming to everyone... shy or outgoing. While some positions may require the more 'outgoing type' there's plenty of things to do that don't require it. As you mentioned, being an online website, if you decide to be a writer you are able to write on your own time, share your opinions, thoughts, and advice to thousands of students without having to be outrageous or having to speak infront of large groups of people.

Old 09-20-2007 at 08:29 AM   #16
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Agreed!

With MacInsiders you can totally take on different roles, which is awesome! Especially if everyone sees you as outgoing but can be completely shy at the same time too!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-20-2007 at 02:04 PM   #17
kristenster

Liked: 0 Times
If we are unable to make the meeting tonight.
may we attend next weeks?

Old 09-20-2007 at 02:25 PM   #18
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

we wont have another meeting for a month or more, as general meetings dont occur every week.

Old 09-20-2007 at 02:55 PM   #19

I have physics 5:30 till 6:20. Not fair

Old 09-20-2007 at 03:36 PM   #20
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Unfortunately there isn't a time when everyone is available. 5:30 most classes end, and night classes start... so it is the best time to accomodate as many people as possible.

I will post up photos and the agenda from the meeting on the website afterwards which will give you a bit of an idea of what we discussed... but if you want to signup for a position, either PM me afterwards and I'll put you on the signup sheets, or tell a friend to attend the meeting tonight and get them to put your name down.

They'll need your name, e-mail, year, and macinsiders username, to sign you up for a position..

Old 09-20-2007 at 05:29 PM   #21
SarahP

Hey!

I had the idea for a MacI facebook app. -a very simple logo, which your friends would click on and it would bring them to your MacI profile.

I have added the facebook developers option on my facebook, and it actually seems pretty easy to get going on an application. It's pretty strait forward Javascript and they have a tutorial for how to work their plateform... they even give a template! I could probably do one myself this weekend or wait until next weekend and get my personal computer Guru to do it for me.
I have taken the name," Macinsiders! " I could change that, or something else. (Maybe, Macinsider! might be good?)
What do people think? I imagine the MacI leaders would like to be closely involved with this computer adventure. ...I would need to know what logo you'd want and stuff.

I was wondering and trying to figure out if, we might have to pay for linking to an outside side, because it's rather obvious advertising.

well see...

Old 09-21-2007 at 09:31 AM   #22
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

That would be great to have a Facebook App that links to your M.I. profile

I've sent you a PM with my contact info and we'll discuss this matter privately and get something started! Thanks

Old 09-21-2007 at 10:04 AM   #23
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Awesome work Sarah!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-21-2007 at 10:14 AM   #24
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Recap and team list posted:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1747 5

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search