MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
macinsiders ftw! lawleypop General Discussion 48 04-23-2010 08:32 PM
A Monster Love Story of Cultural Proportions Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 01-07-2008 09:04 AM
Mike Long - Dancing Project Chad ARCHIVES 0 10-30-2007 04:30 PM
All About MacInsiders Chad General Discussion 4 08-01-2007 11:55 PM
All About MacInsiders Chad MacInsiders 2 08-01-2007 08:31 AM

Macinsiders Get-together of Mike-tastic proportions

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:22 AM   #211
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I can't speak for everyone, but if you don't mind breaking your fast at Boston Pizza, I don't mind waiting until a suitable time for Iftar. Heck, then I can bring my bestest arab bud.

Do you restrict yourself to Halal meats?

In either case, we'll probably have a round 2 the following week, but it's likely that many people will not attend both.
LOL no im fine with non "halal" meat (other than pork of course)..."bismilah" and I'm ready to eat lol. And Well I'm not sure but by Sept. 19 I should be able to eat around 7:30 which I guess is still late for most. I mean if there is going to be 2 rounds then I don't mind going to both, for one I'll just have something light after you guys eat and then rejoin the party.

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:28 AM   #212
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
LOL no im fine with non "halal" meat (other than pork of course)..."bismilah" and I'm ready to eat lol. And Well I'm not sure but by Sept. 19 I should be able to eat around 7:30 which I guess is still late for most. I mean if there is going to be 2 rounds then I don't mind going to both, for one I'll just have something light after you guys eat and then rejoin the party.
Yeah, sunset is planned to start at 7:22 but I'm not sure how long it takes to set completely nor do I know the complete rules of Ramadan. I actually have no set "eating times", I just eat whenever I'm hungry.

[off-topic]It seems like google.ca doesn't redirect to www.google.ca anymore... does anyone find that the case?[/off-topic]

Edit: Don't mind the off-topic comment, it does redirect for me now but it takes like 2 minutes.
Old 08-28-2009 at 12:31 AM   #213
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, sunset is planned to start at 7:22 but I'm not sure how long it takes to set completely nor do I know the complete rules of Ramadan. I actually have no set "eating times", I just eat whenever I'm hungry.

[off-topic]It seems like google.ca doesn't redirect to www.google.ca anymore... does anyone find that the case?[/off-topic]

Edit: Don't mind the off-topic comment, it does redirect for me now but it takes like 2 minutes.
I have the actual time on a chart I'll look it up in a sec and mine still redirects to .ca right away.

Old 08-28-2009 at 12:58 AM   #214
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
I have the actual time on a chart I'll look it up in a sec and mine still redirects to .ca right away.
Ah cool cool.

Both urls are .ca. It's just that when I don't include "www" it takes forever to redirect to "www". Which is annoying since I type everything without the "www".
Old 08-28-2009 at 01:13 AM   #215
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Probably a browser cache thing...it'll likely fix itself. (Mine also still loads quickly)
Old 08-28-2009 at 03:37 AM   #216
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
Probably a browser cache thing...it'll likely fix itself. (Mine also still loads quickly)
You know the funny thing was that I use to type in .ca anyways just because I wanted to support the "Canadian" version of it. I only realized that it redirected you anyways not too long ago haha.

Old 08-28-2009 at 01:08 PM   #217
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
You know the funny thing was that I use to type in .ca anyways just because I wanted to support the "Canadian" version of it. I only realized that it redirected you anyways not too long ago haha.
HAHA I realized that when I was 12 in Hong Kong and whenever I typed Google.ca, it would redirect me to Google.hk. So I had to Google "Google.ca" to get to Google.ca from Google.hk. Ok, wow, that was a really congested sentence... LOL
- Moulton Hall
Old 08-28-2009 at 03:36 PM   #218
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Hmm is there any possible way to change the date or have a round 2 of hanging out because I myself am observing Ramadan and so I'm fasting until sunset each day and the last day of Ramadan is the 20th I think. I don't know who else might be fasting except for maybe Sara. I don't want to be a hinderance to this event at all though so let me know if you guys can do anything, thanks.
Oh shoot! Totally forgot about the dates :(. I'm okay with coming though, I'll just eat later than you guys, or maybe come later? I'll find a way

I found that whole google thing awesome back in the day , when it directed me to the google of wherever I was

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 08-28-2009 at 03:43 PM.